Monday, February 22, 2010

First Workout Post Surgery- Success!!

Turns out that taking out the contacts did not give me the urge to workout. My eyes became swollen and I could barely open my right eye on Wednesday night. Needless to say I didn't go back to work on Thursday as planned and took the rest of the week off to give my eyes more of a rest.

By Sunday my eyes were feeling wayyy better so I did a short 30 minute run on the treadmill. It felt so good to workout again! I sported the sunglasses so it almost felt like running outside!!
No workout tonight- my eyes were exhausted from my first day back at work so I thought it better to take a nap than overextend them. Had high hopes of getting on the treadmill but vacation planning (yay south of France!) and Canada winning GOLD in Ice Dance got in the way. The Olympics have been my sanity through this whole recovery deal- I "listened" to a lot of the events last week. However don't get me started on the rude commentators on how so-and-so was favoured to medal but was a huge disappointment!!



Image Source


Tomorrow I will attempt the pool. I tried my goggles on to see how comfortable they would be. They last about 5 minutes! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I don't want to forget how to swim!! We have a time trial coming up in a couple weeks and if I don't get back in the pool asap I will be slower than last year at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!