Friday, April 30, 2010

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

I have lots of them!! Mostly related to the ridiculous spring weather. I officially dislike the NW!!! Had I known the weather difference between the south and north of Calgary I would have re-considered my decision to move to the great white north. I love my house but I just can't believe how it will snow 1cm in downtown and 40 million cm in the NW!!! Exaggeration a little but still! We had a full out blizzard at my house- the roads were barely passable for cars. It took me almost 2 hours to get to work yesterday. I get downtown and even though it is still super windy there is barely any snow on the ground. WTH??????


So I know you are all thinking "you have a spin trainer and a treadmill in your basement, go use them!!!" Well the power goes out every time there is a slight amount of wind. Don't exhale too much or else the power will go out!!! Last Thursday the power was out for 5 hours in the evening- apparently a pole was on fire. Then on Wednesday the power was out in the evening again for a few hours. Again the power went out in the middle of the night and didn't come on until 6am. I get up at 5:30am to get ready for work. Yes, I paid the bill so it's not that!!!


Anyway there were lots of Enmax trucks out yesterday and they had part of the road blocked off so I hope they were upgrading the lines or something so the next time I sigh the power doesn't go off.


I am not lying- here is the story. I did see one Enmax truck pulling a snowmobile so they probably had to use it to fix a pole in a farmers field somewhere.


Anyway those are my excuses- I wasn't even going to attempt an outdoor run with the 80km/hr winds. I WILL workout this weekend so stay tuned!!


We are going to see Tom Green tomorrow night. I am slightly scared. I hope he doesn't do anything too disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!