Thursday, May 13, 2010

Busy Working Out!!

I have been a busy lady working out and getting ready for my trip. Usually a blog hiatus means no workouts, but this time I have lots to report!!!

On Monday, I FINALLY got to the pool. The Thornhill city pool is actually pretty nice (for a city pool). Of course I was running late due to another event that ran late so I only swam for 40 minutes. I didn't even bother counting laps- I probably did 600m. I sure noticed the swim break. My technique is weak, endurance is poor so this race is not going to be pretty. 


On Tuesday, I rode my bike on the trainer for an hour. It would have been a beautiful night to go ride outside but my busy schedule prevented me from taking the time to pack up my bike, drive somewhere rideable, get a ride in, drive back and be presentable for a late dinner. Oy!!

I had some bridesmaid duties to take care of. My dress came in and I was really worried that it was going to be a bit tight. It is quite form fitting in the hip, tummy, butt area and those are my problem areas. I was concerned that my break in training would have affected how the dress fits but the good news is that it is too big!! I certainly didn't lose weight though- its just the terrible sizing chart that bridesmaid dress designers use to trick you into order a dress wayyyy too big for you so you have to spend a million dollars on alterations!! I know their tricks!! A strapless dress still motivates me to workout and tone up.

On Wednesday, I had a couple errands to run to get ready for our trip. I wasn't home until 6:30pm so I continued packing and squeezed a run in around 8pm. It was a beautiful evening for a run, around 17 C. I wore shorts and a tank top so definitely a change from my run on Sunday! We ran a tempo run for just under 30 minutes. I felt quite strong for the 1st half and then slowed down for the last 10 minutes.

In other news, I signed up for a couple more races!!

On July 3rd, I will be running the Race for Pace 10km at Glenmore Park. It is 3 weeks after Wasa and will keep me motivated continue training.

In a moment of insanity, I also signed up for my FIRST half-marathon!!! I don't know what I was thinking but I am definitely motivated to train now!

I signed up for the Canmore Rocky Mountain Half Marathon on September 12th. That gives me plenty of time to work on my endurance and speed. I am super excited and terrified at the same time! I didn't feel too bad after the 10km on Sunday so I figured I would be ready to do double the distance in 4 months.


Tonight we leave for Europe! Our flight leaves at 6pm and so far it looks on time. I am sooo excited! We are going to France and Spain. I will probably have limited access to the internet so I won't be blogging much, if at all.  Catch ya later!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gorgeous!!! So I am thinking of maybe doing the 5km race with CAUSE Canada in Canmore - the same day you do the Half Marathon. I will be back in Alberta for my sister's wedding at that time and with no job prospects as of right now I might be moving back until I can find a job and wrap up this Master's. Could be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? Your sis is getting married and you will be back in Calgary?? Yahoo!! You should totally sign up for the 5k!! Let me know when you are back in town... we need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!