Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saddle Sore No More!!

On the schedule today was a longer ride on the spin trainer. It is actually really nice outside today (nice compared to the snow and winder of earlier this week) but hubby is busy getting free compost so I rode inside rather than going on the highway by myself.

I was actually thinking how odd it is that I don't like to ride by myself, even when I lived by Fish Creek Park and there were lots of pathways. I think I am mostly worried about getting a flat and not having the confidence to change it myself! However I have no problem racing by myself. I guess I am not really alone though so maybe that's why I don't have any issues.

Anyway, I did 1.5 hours on the spin trainer. I followed yet another Real Rides DVD. It was a tough workout!! They said to keep your cadence around 80 and I was struggling for 70!! I wore my heart rate monitor and my HR was always been 145-155 bpm which is pretty high on the bike for me. My legs feel a like jello right now but that's good! My butt didn't hurt nearly as much- I actually didn't think about it until an hour into the workout. As I suspected I just needed to do a longer ride!!

Only 5 more days till Europe! I think I will have hubby take our bikes in later this week for a tune up so they are ready to hit the road when we get back from our trip. Our race is only 2 weeks after we get back home so we have no time to waste! Maybe we can rent bikes in France to tour around on!

Tomorrow we are going for a 10k run with some friends on Edworthy Park. I am slightly nervous since I haven't done 10k in awhile but I am sure I will be fine. I need to start putting in some longer runs so now is a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!