Wednesday, February 1, 2012

37 Weeks: Full Term!

How big is Baby Girl N?

Watermelon

The final fruit in this pregnancy journey!! She is officially full term which means she could come anytime! She is practicing how to inhale, exhale, suck, blink and grip. She is also kicking my ribs every 5 minutes!

It's now due date month!! 

Weight gain? Up 1 pound, for a total of 21 pounds.

Maternity Clothing? Most things still fit- couple of my shirts are getting shorter though!! 

Cravings? Chocolate please!

Symptoms? Thankfully my Group B Strep test came back negative so no antibiotics needed during labour for me! Unfortunately my iron level is still on the lower end so I need to eat lots of meat and continue with my iron supplements. I am not a big meat eater so this is hard for me but it's all for a good cause so I will do it. Apparently bison is one of the best sources of iron so that's what we will be eating lots of!

My belly button is still holding on and hasn't popped out yet! 

My hip flexor seems to be getting better which is awesome!! I am so thankful that I have had an easy pregnancy and my biggest complaint has been a tight hip flexor. The weekly chiro adjustments seem to be helping, as well as trying to move around during the day. 

Sleep? The last few nights have been tough. Lots of wake ups and general discomfort when trying to sleep.If only I didn't have to get up so darn early for work!

Workouts? Just my prenatal aquasize class. I think I am physically ready to add some yoga sessions in- just need to find the time and energy! Maybe when I am on mat leave?

What I am excited for? Mat leave in 8 days so I can get a pedicure, sleep in a couple more times and deep clean my house!! 

Memorable Pregnancy Moments? Hanging out in the bar at 8 months pregnant for my friend's bachelorette party!! I am sure I was quite the sight to all the young bar stars! So ready to move on to the next phase of my life and not party all night long!!

Baby Purchases? My sis highly recommended an ear thermometer so we ordered one through Costco which was delivered this week. I also went shopping on the weekend and picked up all the baby and postpartum essentials so we are ready! The nursery is stocked with diapers, wipes, baby Advil, baby Tylenol, Vitamin D drops, Vaseline, Gripe water and Ovol.



Baby Gifts? As if Baby Girl didn't get spoiled enough last weekend at her shower, one of my teams at work surprised us  with a baby swing, towel, crib sheet and lovey blanket!! Hopefully she will spend many hours sleeping in her new swing so I can get some workouts in!


Baby Projects? I was able to narrow down some of the maternity photos so they are at least printed now! I still have to arrange them in the frames and have hubby hang them in the nursery. Another reason for this little girl to wait another couple weeks before making her appearance!!

I know, I really need to take pictures of the nursery!!! I promise I will soon!!

Pregzilla Moments? I had my first public pregzilla moment at Walmart this weekend! The change room attendant wouldn't let me try on underwear (they are final sale!) so I wasn't too pleased. The sign in the change room said I could so I insisted that she let me. I have never pulled the pregnancy card (except with hubby!) but I did this time!

Weekly Belly Pic



3 comments:

  1. Ah glad she was spoiled even more! I am gonna keep bugging you to see the nursery ya know, I love nurseries! So I can't wait for hubby to hang those pics up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay for due date month!! Looking fabulous as always, and can't wait to see the nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh I remember the watermelon stage like it was yesterday. Not much longer girl! you look beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!