Sunday, September 30, 2012

Half Marathon #5= DONE!

The Harvest Half Marathon exceeded my expectations! I knew it was going to be a gorgeous course but I never expected the race to go as well as it did! I'll write a full report up with pictures once I get them from my "personal" photographers aka instructor/pacer/running buddies.


I proved that "I CAN DO THIS!" even with my lack of long runs. I finished a solid race in 2:29:34, just barely meeting my unspoken goal time of 2:30. Not my fastest half, but not my slowest either. Actually- right smack in the middle!

Before the race- in the dark!

Bib, medal and tech shirt (too big!)

Scenery along the route
(Picture borrowed from Penny)

Gorgeous fall colours
(Picture borrow from Penny)

More to come!!

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations again. Looking forward to your race recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running in Fish Creek. If I hadn't some of the open door yyc stuff today I'd have been down to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Congrats!! That is so awesome!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You are awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job!!! We had almost the same times (I ran my first half last week)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAY TO GO! That is definitely something to be very proud of!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!