Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I've done it again...

I've signed up for another half marathon clinic session! Yippee!!

I also signed up for the goal race- Hypothermic Half Marathon on February 9, 2013.



This will be my first half marathon race that I have done more than once. So far all of my five half marathons have been different courses.

I'm excited but also slightly dreading training during the winter months. I know I can do it but it will be more difficult logistically with a baby in tow. I realistically can't be taking her outside to run when it's -15C. Hubby and I will have to either switch nights running with our clinic group or see if we can get someone to watch Audrey while we get those runs in.

Luckily we do have a treadmill at home so if the weather is horrible none of us have to brave the elements. Getting the runs in is the most important part-- and staying injury-free of course!

I did the Hypothermic Half in 2011 and loved it! Luckily the weather was beautiful that day but we did have some shitty training runs. I specifically remember freezing my ass off doing 9 hill repeats. Repeats 1-4 I thought I was going to die of hypothermia on that hill. Repeats 5-9 my butt was so cold I would no longer feel it and it got better! Let's hope that doesn't happen this year.




4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Do you have a time goal in mind for this race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was closer. I'd be in for sure. It seems there are no many half marathons in the winter around these parts.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!