Sunday, November 4, 2012

Audrey: 8 Months



7 Months
6 Months


Sleep- what.the.heck is that? Apparently we don't do that in our house anymore. Between teething and colds, Audrey wakes up every 1-3 hours. It's a great night when I only have to get up 3x. I just keep telling myself it will get better-- not sure when; maybe when she goes to University? It's amazing how you learn to survive when being sleep deprived. I never thought I could do it but I proved myself wrong.

Eating- Oink oink oink!! My girl loves her food! We are doing a lot more Baby Led Weaning (BLW) so she eats chicken, toast with peanut butter, carrots, cauliflower, cheese, apples, bananas, kiwi, etc. without it being pureed. Most meals include a puree and something she can feed herself. It's the only way Mom and Dad also get to eat! Plus half the fun is putting the food into her own mouth. It sure is messy though.

Milestones- Big month for teeth! Both her top incisors cut through within a couple days of each other. She also had a cold just before the teeth came in which leads me to believe that she gets a cold whenever she is teething. She was sick when she started cutting her bottom two teeth too.

We officially have a full fledged crawler on our hands! While exciting to see her accomplish this it's been challenging to baby proof the house and keep everything out of her reach. Audrey doesn't care about her toys-- she crawls over to Milo or the floor plant. She has discovered Milo's food and water dish and has given herself a bath a few times in it.

On top of crawling, Audrey has learned to pull herself to standing on furniture. I'm in so much trouble! Can't leave that girl alone for a second to go to the bathroom or change a load of laundry! It started with her crawling over to Milo sleeping on the couch.

Playing- Audrey is able to entertain herself a little more these days. Usually she's getting into trouble though. Her toys are no longer exciting even though I just bought her a few that light up and have sounds. She'd rather play with the door stoppers or yank on power cords. Thankfully she thinks Tupperware is the best.thing.ever so I give her a few containers and lids in the kitchen and she's happily entertained for-- a few minutes!
She received her first head injury moments after her 8 month picture was taken. She was bored of me taking a million pictures of her so she crawled over Mr. Panda to the side table to grab some books (and my other camera lens). I put her back in her spot beside Mr. Panda but she quickly scooted over to the table again and just as I reached to pull her down she lost her balance and forehead made contact with the corner of the table. Commence screaming. I expected to see blood but thankfully only a big purple bruise and goose egg formed. Poor kid. I felt like the worst mother ever.

Weight/Clothing- Audrey hasn't had a Doctor's appointment since she was 6 months so I'm not 100% sure of her weight but we tried weighing her on our big scale and it said 17.5 lbs. That sounds about right. I am pretty sure she has grown a couple inches though- she is so long now it seems.
She is still wearing some 3-6 month clothes, mostly 6-12 month clothes and some 9 month clothes. She's lean but long.

Personality- Feisty, fearless, social butterfly, curious as a cat, Irish temper. We are in trouble.

Miscellaneous- We had to lower her crib mattress a few weeks ago. She wasn't quite pulling to stand yet but we knew it was going to happen soon so we did it around Thanksgiving. Good thing since a week later I found her kneeling, then standing in her crib.

We also found an excellent day home within walking distance from our house. While I am sad about going back to work and not seeing her all day I am happy that we found a place close by that we like and I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! Now I can enjoy the next 4 months rather than stress about finding child care.

Audrey also went on her first plane ride trip at 8 months!! We are currently in Phoenix, AZ visiting Grandma and Grandpa N for 3 weeks, soaking up all the attention and the sun. She was a trooper on the plane- only fussed because she was a bit hungry and really tired. She slept for 1.25 hours (half the flight) and then charmed the lady sitting beside us the rest of the time. She didn't fuss at all when taking off or landing. Great little traveller!

Audrey's Current Favourite Things- Milo, door stoppers, power cords, heat registers/vents, the fridge, my Blackberry, the remote and pretty much every other thing she shouldn't have!

2 comments:

  1. 8 months already?! Holy cow. And crawling too! Glad to hear that you found a day home that you love...that's what I am nervous about finding. Hope you are having fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is she 8 months already?!?! Hope you are enjoying your trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!