Thursday, January 24, 2013

~Audrey: 11 Months~



10 months
9 months

11 months already?? Please give me a moment while I cry my eyes out. My baby is growing up too fast!


Sleep: We've been holding steady at one wake up a night for the last couple of months. She did sleep through the night once a couple days ago which was pure fluke. I do admit that I enjoy the middle-of-the-night snuggles because this girl is far too busy during the day to cuddle!
Bed time is usually 8pm.

Naps are still pretty good. She is slowly transitioning to 1 nap. On the days that she sleeps in, she may only have one 2.5 hour long nap. The days that she wakes up early, she usually has 2 shorter naps. She is starting to fight her afternoon nap though so I suspect she will be down to 1 nap fairly soon.

Eating: The last two weeks Audrey has turned into a picky eater! She used to gobble up everything in sight and now she turns up her nose at her old favourites. I think it's texture related since she ate a hamburger patty without fuss, but would not eat beef stew. I think she likes hard, crunchy food right now rather than soft food. She doesn't like being spoon fed much either-- unless it's yogurt or some of the store-bought purees that I bring as emergency food when we are out.
She still loves toast with peanut butter or applesauce for breakfast. She devours muffins so I try to have healthier ones on hand so she isn't getting too much sugar.

She is still breastfeeding 3-4 times during the day.

Teething: I believe Audrey is cutting 2 more top teeth any day now so the cranky level has increased significantly the past couple of days.

Crawling/Standing/Walking: Audrey doesn't have much interest in walking while assisted. When you try to hold her hands, she just plops to the ground and crawls to wherever she wants to go. She does stand unassisted occasionally, for max 8 seconds before losing her balance. She usually does this without being aware of it. She pulls up to stand at everything-- table, couches, legs, the gates... She has quite the reach now.

Eyes: They are still ever changing! Currently blue-green-gray.

Playing: She loves books right now. We read to her before every nap and bedtime so I think she is going to be a bookworm like her parents. She likes playing with her shape blocks, her donut rings and her activity centres. She also has an odd obsession with carrying around face cloths (I only give her clean, dry ones) and socks!

Talking: Her new favourite word is Dada. She has been saying Nana a lot when it comes to food. She says Mmmmmmmm when she is thirsty- either milk or water. She babbles away and shrieks when she sees Milo. It's so entertaining to listen to her.

Sign Language: After 5 months, our consistent signing has paid off. She signs "more" all the time-- for food, water, milk, when she wants something. I think she enjoys our reaction since we are so excited that she has picked it up.

Weight/Clothing: She hasn't been weighed since 9 months. She has definitely grown in length since her pants are getting shorter and she just looks so much taller now. She is wearing mostly 6-12 month clothes, and a few 12 month items. Still fits into size 3 shoes but they aren't falling off as much as before.

Personality: Social butterfly! She will go to anyone! She also may have a temper. When you tell her "no" she has a small tantrum. She is a determined child.

Current Favourite Things: Socks, Tupperware drawer, blocks, stuffed animals, books, remotes, iPhones and iPad.

Miscellaneous: Soother has officially been dropped. We haven't used it since before Christmas.

I'm currently in the beginning stages of planning her first birthday party. One more month! Tear!
She is at such a fun age right now. She keeps us entertained for hours. She is a little more independent and a very happy girl.

Love you baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun stage!! except for the picky eater part! hopefully she grows out of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie!! I can't get over how big she is. I'm sure it's tough. :( let me know if you want any help with party stuff!! I love that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!