Thursday, January 31, 2013

~Big RACE Announcement~

I am so happy to share that I have signed up for the Seawheeze Half Marathon in Vancouver on August 10th, 2013!!



A bunch of ladies from my running group decided to make it a Girls Road Trip Weekend. I am beyond excited about this! I love these ladies, I love half marathons, I love Vancouver and I love Lululemon!!

It's a weekend long event- not just a half marathon. There is an Expo, yoga sessions, a SeaWheeze showcase store (better save my money!), a post-race brunch and Sunset Festival the evening after the race. This is going to be an adventure!

I.can't.wait!!

The swag is pretty awesome too. When you register you choose between 2 pairs of SeaWheeze Special Edition Lululemon shorts. I chose the Speed short since I already have a pair so I know how they fit. Even though they are short, I prefer them to the baggy Track short (which they don't even have on their website). Plus it will motivate me to get my legs super toned.

RUN:Speed Short
Not this colour

You also get an app to help train for the race, a fully supported race route and I've heard there are some surprises when you arrive. (Last year everyone received flip flops). 

So that's my exciting news!


7 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds like my kind of race! ha ha You will have a blast! Plus a little getaway too. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up last week! It will be my first half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! That will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous!! My brother in law is getting married that weekend, I wanted to go so bad! You'll have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Haute Runner does Vancouver! Just make sure you get here early because last year the showcase store was pretty much cleaned out by scalpers by noon the first day! I'm anxious to see what they do to prevent that this year. This is definitely the perfect run for a girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like so much fun! I would have loved to add that to my race calendar but we have a wedding to go to that same weekend. I was going to mention what Nikki said about the store. EBay sellers were cleaning out all of the special merchandise early on. Hopefully lulu does something to prevent that, like maybe making it only open to registered runners on the first day?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!