Monday, January 28, 2013

Family~Cooking~20K

As usual, the weekend flew by!

I finally got around to booking Whitney Cowan for some family photos in February! I've been drooling over all the photos she has taken of Alison, Rachel's family and all her other clients. Can't wait!

On Saturday, we spent the day with Grandpa N to celebrate his birthday. We went for a long walk around the neighbourhood and then cooked Thai green curry from scratch. It's the same curry that hubby made on my Due Date in hopes of starting labour. It didn't but we still enjoyed it!

It's quite the production to make curry from scratch- involved 2 grocery stores to find all the ingredients. The recipe is 2 full pages long! So many ingredients, and lots of chopping. We made a triple batch of the paste though so we can have it a few more times without the long prep time.

It was so delicious. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures!

On Sunday, I almost ditched out on my 20K run. I didn't sleep well that night (insomnia sucks) and I was in a grumpy mood. Thankfully hubby dragged me out of bed and I managed to do the full 20K. I am super sore now! My left IT band is pretty mad at me so I have been rolling and wearing compression socks to aid recovery. I just hope I haven't done anything to it; I've never had pain like this before after running.



After the run, I quickly had to get ready for my friend's baby shower. Luckily it was only 5 minutes away so I wasn't too late. It was a story book theme which I love! I gave one of my favourite children's books- The Paper bag Princess. Such a good story for little girls! I can't wait to meet her baby girl in March.



I once again quickly rushed home so we could have a Skype call with "Auntie L" and "Uncle C" who just arrived in Buenos Aires from Asia. Off to check out another continent! Sounds like they are having an amazing trip and they are definitely tanned compared to our pale Canadian winter complexions! Miss you guys lots!

That wraps up our weekend.

What's your favourite children's book? 
Have you ever made curry paste from scratch?

2 comments:

  1. Woo! Whitney is the best!! I can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for booking you session!! You will LOVE them. No doubt about it!! I love that book too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!