Thursday, January 17, 2013

~Thursday Thoughts~

~ Ouch! My butt hurts from falling yesterday while running. Why can't people shovel and de-ice their sidewalks?? I should have worn my shoe grips but still! Even when Audrey and I went for a walk yesterday the sidewalks in our neighborhood were horrible. I feel like I should leave notes for all the people whose sidewalks I slipped on or could barely push the stroller through the crusty snow.

~ I just finished reading Gone Girl for book club. What a great book! I seriously could not put it down! I haven't been that into a book in a long time.



~ Alison posted an outfit inspiration picture the other day that I loved so I decided to re-create it.


My sweater is a brighter yellow than the one in the inspiration picture but I'm learning to work with what's already in my wardrobe. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I don't think I would wear that scarf again with it because it's a bit on the short side. I have a few other scarves that might work though.

~ No-Spend January Update- So far I've been a very good girl. I was so tempted to stop at the drive-thru the other day when I was hungry but I resisted (for both my wallet and my waist line) and prepared a healthy snack when I got home. I will say that planning a 1st birthday party is a bit tough when I can't spend money though! I might have to bend my rules to purchase a few things that can't wait until February (like invitations).

~ I saw a woman with a braid similar to this the other day. Hers looked better (she had thicker and longer hair) but I'm fairly satisfied with how mine turned out. Ignore my lack of makeup!


2 comments:

  1. 1. I HATE when ppl don't shovel! I am always falling and slipping. :(
    2. YES!! I LOVE your outfit! I copied it today too!! :) Twins! I'll post it tomorrow. I love that scarf! You are looking GREAT mama!
    3. I will have to read that book - maybe this summer. :)
    4. I love your hair! Not sure I could do that one but it looks awesome.
    5. No spending is hard. I could not plan a party and not spend $$ just saying! We will be having a 'sprinkle' for my nephew - so hopefuly it's feb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought that book the other day at the used book store. I had it in my hand and everything, bu ended up putting it back. I've heard all kinds of good things about it though.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!