Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Run for L'Arche: Training Recap #3- Exercise in Flexibility



This past week my training required some rearranging. This post is about being flexible in your training, not about how flexible my body is, since it is not!

Monday 28th: Scheduled for a rest day, although I decided a couple weeks ago to forgo rest days and do the 30 Day Shred on the days I don't run since it's only 20 minutes. Actual- I rested. My legs were a mess after the previous days 20K so I took that much-needed rest day.

Tuesday 29th: Scheduled- run 6K. Actual- 30 Day Shred Level 1. I still wanted to give my legs a rest from running but I didn't want to completely skip working out. This seemed like a good compromise. I also had an adjustment and was advised to take another day off running to allow my legs to recover since my hip was out which was causing the IT issues.

Wednesday 30th: Scheduled- run 7K. Actual- 30 Day Shred. I moved up to Level 2. Ouch! Those planks are tough and my wrists are not impressed! Hubby had to go out of town unexpectedly so I wasn't able to meet up with my running group. I didn't feel like running on the treadmill so I did another strength training workout.

Thursday 31st: Scheduled- rest or 30 Day Shred. Actual- I forced myself to run on the treadmill. It was a short 25 minute run that was closer to 4K rather than the 6 or 7K I needed to make up.

Friday 1st: Scheduled- rest or 30 Day Shred. Actual- I did another short 4K run on the treadmill.

Saturday 2nd: Scheduled- rest or 30 Day Shred. Actual- 30 Day Shred Level 2. Back on track!

Sunday 3rd: Scheduled- 6K long run taper. Actual- 6K on my own rather than with the group. This time I went outside! It was a gorgeous day, about 5 degrees outside. It was muddy out too.



This week involved a lot of juggling around workouts but I did manage to get them all in, even if my runs were a bit on the short side.

1 comment:

  1. Wow good work! I do like the shred! :) It's a gooder and pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!