Thursday, February 7, 2013

What? I have a RACE this weekend??

Well that snuck up on me! I've been training but I definitely haven't been thinking about my upcoming race this weekend like I normally obsess do.




It's just a little 21.1K race.
Oh crap!

Ok- I've done the training, the weather is looking good and it's a flat course. Stop freaking out worrying about it!

What are my goals?

1. Not die! I'm slightly worried about my IT band since it acted up during my 20K run which I have never experienced before. I'm going to get an adjustment the day before so my hips are in place in hopes that I don't fall apart.

2. Get a post-baby PR- faster than 2:29. I'd love to be closer to 2:25 or even 2:20 but I'm not going to push my luck with this recent IT issue. Mind over matter!

3. Have a good experience regardless of my time. My last half was epic, even if it wasn't speedy so I'm hoping that I can have a similar experience.

Looking forward to adding more bling to my collection!!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! You will rock it! I am excited to hear. Looks like you will have good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to kick butt this weekend! And the weather is going to be great for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to do amazing!!!WOO WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it sounds like you're going to have a fabulous race no matter how it goes. I love it when people go in with such happy attitudes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award! http://www.thebexfactor.com/2013/02/07/i-win/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!