Tuesday, March 5, 2013

~Family Photos~

A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of meeting with Whitney from Whitney Cowan Photography. I had been admiring her work for years and finally contacted her to take some family photos for us.

I was slightly nervous about a February photo shoot since it could be -30 C with blowing snow, or sunny, warm and brown. We decided to go with an urban location for a more modern feel and to add some neat architectural elements into the photos.

Deciding what to wear for this photo shoot was also challenging! I had to pick outfits for several weather conditions. As we got closer to the photo shoot, it looked like the weather was going to be in our favour which meant we didn't have to completely bundle up!

Audrey's little friend, Skye, lent her a beautiful tan jacket that was perfect for the pictures! I looked high and low for a cute jacket but nothing was standing out. Another crafty mom friend made Audrey's hat which is just adorable.

I had the guidance of the lovely Alison to help me decide on my outfit. I tried on a bunch of different options, emailed them to her and she gave me some great feedback. Then she offered to lend me a few accessories to add some colour. I am so grateful to this girl. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Hubby was easy to dress-- nice jeans, nice sweater, some collar pop. Done! Wish it was this easy for us girls!

I was overjoyed when I woke up the morning of the shoot and the weather was just perfect! Couldn't ask for a nicer day in February!

Meeting Whitney was like a breath of fresh air! She immediately put me at ease and I knew we were going to have a great time. She had so many great ideas and her little comments had me laughing pretty hard! She was so much fun to work with and I felt like I had know her for years, not mere minutes!

She did a wonderful job capturing this special time in our lives. Audrey wasn't super smiley but Whitney managed to get some amazing shots. I am so happy with every single picture and can't thank her enough for her talent and patience.

I don't know how I am going to decide which ones to frame since I LOVE them all!


Love this sequence!






My favourite family shot

Love this one too!

Her expression kills me here!

Her eyes!


My heart is melting!
My loves


I love the blue door






Sunburst!


Adore this shot! 





LOVE her little smile here


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos!! I really like the ones with the blue background, it really makes the other colors pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great photo's I love the color of Audrey's hat - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots! Whitney is so talented and the family she shot is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you will choose either! They are so great! You did a great job with outfits too!! I am so glad you had a a nice day and loved Whit as much as we do. I love that she keeps everyone laughing and the air light. :)Beautiful family you have!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome photos! I still need to re-book Whitney for ours, I better get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You all look amazing and the outfit choices worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - those are some great shots. I can see your dilemma with wanting to frame them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! So many great ones. Whitney is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous!!! I love the brick ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!