Friday, March 22, 2013

~Friday Outfits~

I am so glad this week is almost over. It had some challenges so I am looking forward to a fun weekend with my family and oh yah, a big race!

Since I am struggling with the return-to-work routine (as expected), I am trying to focus on the positive things that get me excited each day! I have been enjoying putting together new work outfits from my existing wardrobe, with a few new pieces added in. A lot of these items are old but since it's been 2 years since I have worn them they seem new to me!

To prove that I do wear pants to work occasionally:

 I forgot about these wedge heels! They are a nude/blush colour with a gold buckle. I just love them! So comfortable! Love finding lost treasures in the closet!

 My $10 dress from Target I bought back in the fall when I was in Phoenix (Oh, how I wish I was there right now!). It was too big in the top so I did some amateur hand-sewing and it fits! I would never wear it without a sweater so it doesn't matter that it isn't perfect. No one can tell! I love the ruffles and the colours.

Now Target, hurry up and open in my city ASAP!

 I adore lace and coral! The shirt is newer- from H&M but the pants and sweater are old. I also bought the necklace while Christmas shopping. I have a lot of luck finding nice, inexpensive jewellery at the Banana Republic outlet.
I did my hair a bit differently using Kate from The Small Things Blog's latest tutorial for Triple Topsy Tail Pony. It didn't turn out exactly like Kate's but I got a lot of compliments on it so I'll do it again. It's fairly easy and a nice change from the every day look.

 I'm not too sure about this outfit. The shirt is newer (Old Navy $7!)  and while I love the bright colour and print, the keyhole (you can't see it that well here) is a bit annoying. I wore a tank top underneath but it bugged me how it would stick out and I felt like I was adjusting my shirt all the time. Maybe next time I will wear it un-tucked with a belt.

Old but a favourite. This sweater from Banana Republic is so soft and such a vibrant colour.

As you can tell, I am getting lots of wear out of my new Nine West black and nude pumps.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your race! I'm doing jsut the 8k but my husband is running the half. Hopefully it's not too chilly.
    Love the nude shoes! So easy to pair with things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your outfits! :) See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all!!! Looking great! Love that ruffle Target dress and the lace top!!
    I love nude shoes!
    Good luck tomorrow and enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!