Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Run for L'Arche: Training Recap #7- Mother Nature Strikes Again


I had the best intentions, I promise but Mother Nature got in the way of my plans! Thankfully I am prepared for her unwelcome visits and headed to the treadmill when the snowstorm blew in!

Monday 25th: 30 Day Shred Level 2

Tuesday 26th: 5K on the treadmill since hubby worked late again

Wednesday 27th: 5K on the treadmill again in the evening

Thursday 28th: 30 Day Shred Level 2 while the peanut gallery (hubby) watched. Apparently Jillian Michaels says "hit it" a lot. I never noticed before!

Friday 1st: 30 Day Shred Level 2

Saturday 2nd:  Rest day

Sunday 3rd: I had no excuse to miss the group long run this week. The weather forecast called for a bit of snow and about -5 C which really isn't that bad. So we bundled up, including Audrey and headed out to meet our running buddies. The closer we got to the store, the worse the snow came down. The parking lot was close to empty and only a handful of runners showed up. We discussed our route and headed out.

We made it two blocks before we called it a day. If our running instructor says it's too bad to run, it's definitely not safe out there. The wind was blowing snow in our faces so we could barely see. The ground was snow covered with ice underneath. In total we ran 2K outside before heading to Tim Horton's to warm up.
The Asics first run outside
Making the call to head back

When we got home and Audrey went down for a nap, I hit the treadmill to do another 10K. In total I ran 12K.

Hubby got his exercise in by shovelling the 25cm of snow off our driveway, the neighbour's driveway and helping push out their car.




Gotta love training in the winter in Canada! Let's hope Mother Nature cooperates on race day and we don't have to deal with the white stuff!




5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that it a lot of snow! We always leave right before a snow storm and my Mom bugs us cause then she is stuck shovelling our walks. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew snow!!!! Apparently Ottawa might be getting more again soon Noooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never noticed that in the Shred videos. I'm totally going to pay attention now Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brave to even attempt running on Sunday! I drove to CrossFit and thought I was crazy because I could barely see in front of me. Good thing for the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday was crazy!! I'm glad you called it quits! J "watches" too and comments how hard it looks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!