Monday, March 11, 2013

Run for L'Arche: Training Recap #8- Fitting it all in


This week was a light on workouts. Being my first week back to work, I had low expectations for myself and just wanted to get my runs in at the very minimum since we are only 2 weeks away till the big race!

Monday 4th: Rest day. It was my first day back to work and I definitely did not have the energy in the evening to do a workout.

Tuesday 5th: Did my first ever TRX class at Fitness Fix with my running group for cross training. That class is killer! I was afraid I might hang myself from the suspension strap! It was a great workout and days later I still felt some muscles I didn't know I had.
We also learned about an alternative to traditional stretching called Corrective Stabilizing Recruitment Stretching. The theory is that by contracting the opposite muscles, the tight muscle releases and recovers from activity faster. It sounds interesting so I'm going to look into it a bit more.

Wednesday 6th: I did 5K on the treadmill after Audrey went to bed. It took everything in me to get this run in since I was just bagged but I don't have much choice in when I can fit my workouts in anymore.

Thursday 7th: Rest day again. Sorry Jillian!

Friday 8th: I tried to get my 2nd short run in but after 5 minutes on the treadmill I stopped. I tried but I couldn't get into it. It was 8pm and I just needed to relax after the week back to work.

Saturday 9th: After a good night's sleep, I got my 5K run in. I'm glad I didn't force it on Friday since I actually enjoyed the run after some rest.

Sunday 10th: Due to Daylight Savings "spring ahead" and a sick baby that kept waking in the night, I didn't make it to my group long run. Instead I ran 16K on the treadmill while hubby and Audrey went grocery shopping and then she napped. . I watched Pitch Perfect to make the run more bearable. That movie makes me laugh so hard every time I watch it.


I managed to get 4 workouts in last week so I'm happy with that.


3 comments:

  1. I love TRX at the Fitness Fix, Mom and I used to go every week. I love Denise. I say that's a great week!! I have found either people love Pitch Perfect or Hate it. You are Leigh are the only ppl I know who liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did pretty well fitting in your workouts for your first week back to work. And good for you for getting in your long run on the treadmill...not sure I could have done that! Pitch Perfect is a great distraction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TRX! I used to do it all the time and loved how challenging it was

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!