Tuesday, April 2, 2013

~What I did this long weekend~

Long weekend- please come back! I miss you! You should come around more often, say every weekend!

We had a great weekend that was made better by fabulous weather! I love being able to go jacket free in March. The sun was shining the entire time so we tried to be outside as much as we could.

On Friday, we met up with hubby's co-worker, wife and their cute little girl, Jane to go to the zoo. I was super excited to take Audrey since the last couple of times we went she was just too little to really appreciate and understand all the animals.

Let's just say that the Zoo on Good Friday was, a Zoo! So many people and strollers there! Some of the exhibits were a bit of a mad house- I didn't even see the hippopotamuses since it was so crowded in the building and I was just trying to navigate the stroller without running over anyone.

We did get to see lots of animals. Audrey enjoyed checking out the animals; she was very interested in watching all the people around us too.

Lemur

Checking out the animals


Camel

Grizzly bear



Bison

The weather was just perfect for strolling along. We had such a great time that we decided to get a seasons pass so we can go back often.

It's tradition in hubby's family to make and eat pyrogies on Good Friday so that's what we did after the Zoo. Even though I didn't learn to cook until recently, it's a rule in hubby's family that you have to help make the pyrogies before you can consume them.

Pyrogy making

Mmmmm

Fresh greens grown in our basement!
Yum!

It wasn't quite the same making the pyrogies just the two of us but the rest of the family was there in spirit.

Saturday was a cleaning and errand day. I went to the mall to pick up a few things. I managed to find some good deals. The mall was also a zoo so I didn't stay too long for fear of being trampled!

Afterwards we went to Costco which is always a shock to the wallet. We are stocked up for awhile so we won't have to go back for awhile, thankfully.

I managed to squeeze in a quick 20 minute Shred workout in. First workout in a week. Felt good at the time but afterwards my calf had this weird knot in it. I'm not sure if I did something while doing lunges but it bothered me for the rest of the night.

Later we watched This is 40.  It had some pretty funny parts which still have me laughing. We watched the unrated version so it was pretty crude.

Sunday I ended up sleeping in while hubby and Audrey went running. My calf still had the knot in it so I thought it was best to not push it by running 10-14K. Turns out that was a good decision since the group did a super tough route- very hilly. Instead I did another Shred workout but swapped the lunges for squats to give my calf a break. It's mostly better but I can still feel a little niggle. I'm going to have to roll it some more.

When Audrey and hubby got home, we did an Easter Egg hunt. I just bought a few plastic eggs and put various things in them. Audrey caught on very quickly that there were treats in each of the eggs. It was a blast and we had so much fun watching her get so excited whenever she spotted an egg.







In the afternoon, we headed over to my sister's house for a big turkey dinner.

All dressed up!



Audrey and Olivia

Enjoying some potatoes

Getting a little messy
 The Easter bunny made a stop at their house and left gifts for the little ones- Bubble mowers!! Audrey and my sister's nephew who is a few months older than Audrey had a blast pushing the mowers around. I can't wait until the summer when she can push it outside. She is going to love it even more!






His & hers bubble mowers



We had a great time and ate way too much, of course.

It was such a great weekend and I didn't want it to end. Monday was back to work for me while Audrey and hubby enjoyed another day off together. So jealous!

I'm ready for my next long weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Love her Easter dress! I need to try and make perogies some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those perogies look really good.

    I saw This is 40 in the theater and and really enjoyed it - I was laughing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great Easter weekend! Making perogies is a lot of work. So worth it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Easter Weekend

    Pure torture looking at those perogy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mama's friend makes perogies and they are hands down the best i've ever had!
    We saw This is 40 in the theater and I hated it- watched it again last weekend and laughed my ass off. Weird. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds likes a fabulous weekend!!! LOVE the zoo. And home made perogies! YUM! I also love A's dress and how messy she gets!! Can't wait to see your finds at the mall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss homemade perogies so much! I really need to learn how to make them myself. I keep saying I am going to get my grandma to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is SOOO cute! and I love the name Audrey! I can't wait to take our daughter to the zoo! and those perogies look so good!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!