Monday, April 15, 2013

~What I did this weekend~

Friday was relatively uneventful. I had a chiro appointment after work so I've been realigned and feel much better. Afterwards, we had a relaxing evening at home winding down from the long week.

Update! Totally forgot that my Bestie, K came over for dinner! I hadn't seen her in a long time (she's a paramedic so works crazy hours). We stayed up really late talking, while I drank some yummy red wine. Miss that girl and I'm so glad we were able to catch up. No matter how much times goes between visits, we still pick up like no time has passed at all. 

Saturday was busy. I had a massage in the morning which was relaxing and painful at the same time. She worked all my problem areas- so my entire body! Parts still hurt from all the poking but I don't feel like I am quite falling apart anymore.

In the afternoon we went to the Garden Show. It was blistering cold out and hard to think about gardening when the snow was blowing around like crazy. There were lots of neat exhibits and hubby is quite excited to get out and start planting. He will probably have to wait at least a few more weeks.

He saw some of our perennials popping up last week but they are now covered by a foot of snow. Boo!

Herbs for sale

Container exhibit

Container exhibit


Since we were down in the south end of the city, we stopped at Ikea to pick up a few things. We had a late lunch while we were there.




I wish I had a picture of Audrey falling asleep sitting upright in her stroller with her sippy cup in her hand. She hasn't done that in a long time. Obviously the adventures of the day tired her out.

That night, when I checked the forecast for Sunday morning to prepare for our morning run, it didn't look pretty. It was supposed to snow all night and that it did.

Damn you snow!


Sunday we ended up sleeping in (ok, I did while Audrey woke up crazy early and hubby tended to her. Love him!) and foregoing the group run since neither of us felt like pushing the Chariot in a foot of snow. It was a good decision as I just put my body back together.

Instead I did my 6K run on the treadmill which wasn't too horrible. I caught up on some Runner's World issues that have been collecting dust.



The rest of the day was spent doing the usual chores and prep for the upcoming week of the same-old, same-old. It was an exciting day! At least I don't feel bad about wasting a day inside when it's so ugly outside.

I'm about ready for spring. I hope she shows up this week but I'm not counting on it.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you ran inside this week! It was ugly!!! You were smart booking your massage for Saturday close to home!! I was sad to miss mine. A is so cute in her bib!! He have good men that get up early on the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jealous of your massage! I booked one for myself after my marathon. So looking forward to it! Is Audrey's hair coming in more? It looks much darker and thicker in the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love friday nights at home! and next time i go to ikea i need to eat there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck to all that snow!! Glad you made the best if it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!