Monday, April 29, 2013

~What I did this weekend~

So sad the weekend is over :( I had such great plans to visit with friends, enjoy the sunny weather and do some spring cleaning around the house but most of it didn't happen.

Friday was such a beautiful day, although terribly windy. I wanted to take Audrey for a walk after work but I was afraid we would get blown away so we went for ice cream instead. Yum. Poor girl has come down with another cold, deep in her chest this time so she was hacking up a lung all night. Can't she catch a break?

Even though I usually take Fridays as rest days, I squeezed in a 30 Day Shred Level 3 workout in after A went to bed. Is it ever tough! Love it though!

Saturday hubby and I both had hair appointments booked which in hindsight isn't really a good idea. I enjoy going to the salon to get pampered and have some me time. That doesn't happen when you have a toddler running around! Our appointment was also right when she was supposed to have a nap and of course she refused to sleep in the car. We did have fun even if it wasn't the usual relaxing, pampering experience.

Hubby decided to cut his hair much shorter than usual. He has pretty curly hair but over the last year the top section isn't as curly anymore so he was getting annoyed by the long pieces falling into his face all the time. I'm a bit sad that the curls are gone but the new cut is very handsome!

Hubby 'before'

Hubby 'after'
I didn't really change my hair much- a bit more blonde for the spring/summer.

'During'
Audrey is NOT impressed
that I am taking her picture

'After'
The rest of the afternoon was a bust as Audrey refused to nap and I started to not feel well. I pretty much laid on the couch while she played. So much for my productivity.

My view from the couch

Later in the evening, some friends dropped by to pick up our old BBQ so we visited with them for a bit. They brought us some wine in exchange for the BBQ which is an excellent trade in my opinion! The wine probably wasn't the best thing for my upset tummy though.

Dirty Laundry Merlot


Sunday we spent the day helping my Mom move. I am so lucky to have a great husband who helps out so much. He and my brother-in-law did most of the heavy lifting. Audrey had fun playing with her cousin and as always, Grandma and Auntie loved seeing her.

I still didn't feel better so I was pretty sluggish all day and didn't get much accomplished. I hate being sick on the weekend!

Did you have any good drinks this weekend?

What's your favourite kind of ice cream?

7 comments:

  1. Pretty haircuts!

    Silly sick toddlers! At least Max was sick on the weekend this time - I can't miss any work this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby's new do is great! Really suits him. And yours look lovely as always! I hope you and A are feeling better!! :( Poor girl can't feel better!! :( Ice cream and wine usually make me feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new do! Hope you are feeling better too :) I used to love maple walnut, but had it right before I got violently ill one time, so now I can't eat it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! Poor Audrey. Hope she and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair, it looks awesome!
    I hope you and Audrey are both feeling better, I agree that being sick on the weekend is the worst!
    My favorite ice cream is Rolo I think.. today anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fabulous! I hope you're feeling better.

    My favourite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!