Tuesday, May 14, 2013

~Mother's Day Weekend~

Friday didn't start off so well as I seemed to be coming down with a cold. Sure enough by the end of the day a full blown head cold hit me. Ugh! I'm sure I got it from Audrey as she has been battling illness for over a month now. Poor little girl. She seems to get better for a few days and then is sick again. She is cutting her two bottom eye teeth so it's probably a combination of germs and just teething sickness that she always seems to get. Hubby is also dealing with allergies and a cold so we are one unhealthy household.

We pretty much spent the evening hanging out at home trying to feel better.

Saturday I slept in which felt great. After doing the regular chores, we played outside for a bit since it was HOT out! Audrey took her bubble lawn mower for a spin which she LOVED! She definitely has the attention span of a 1 year old as she kept getting distracted by cars, dogs, and neighbors!








We went for a walk in the neighbourhood and ended up at the park. Audrey loved the slide, see-saw and swing.







After Miss A went to bed, I went for a 6K run as we weren't going to be able to meet up with our running group on Sunday due to Mother's Day festivities. I had a great run, even if it wasn't quite as far as I would have liked to go for my long run. The weather had cooled off a bit so it was perfect for a run.

We finally watched Silver Linings Playbook. Pretty good movie. I had my doubts at first but it ended up being awesome. I love Jennifer Lawrence!



Sunday my lovely hubby got up with our early-rising daughter so I could sleep in. I had a rough sleep (or lack there of) that night so it was very much appreciated to be able to sleep for a few more hours.  We had  Mother's Day brunch at my in-laws and my Mom joined us as well. It was so nice to celebrate the day together.

The highlight of the brunch (other than the delicious food we were spoiled with) was watching these 2 sweet cousins play together. I'm so looking forward to them growing up together- how lucky they are to be so close in age.





Audrey, me and my Mom



For Mother's Day, Audrey made me a card (homemade is my favourite!) and booked me a spa appointment for when we go away in August. I'm so spoiled and thankful for Audrey (and her Daddy who helped her)! I'm so grateful for my own wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law.


Hubby made a delicious roast beef dinner on the BBQ. Perfect end to a great day!

Despite being sick, it was the perfect weekend!

Unfortunately on Monday we did not magically get better so Audrey and I took a sick day to attempt to recover from our colds. Being sick is not fun! I hope we are better by the long weekend- I don't want to waste another weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better real soon. No fun. So glad you had a great weekend! What a beautiful little girl you have - gosh! Her grin is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better!!!

    She is just so adorable, her eyes kill me every time!

    We rented that movie this weekend too, so freaking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys feel better soon!
    I love her little dress, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, could she be any cuter?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a nice weekend to me!!

    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!