Thursday, May 2, 2013

~Three Things Thursday~

1. For the second year in a row, my sister and I will be doing the Stampede Road Race 5K in July. This was my first postpartum race last year and I managed a 5K PR (since beaten). My sister is a newer runner and she loved the experience of racing! She took some time off from running this winter so we thought this would be the perfect way to motivate her (and I) to get back at it.

2. Now that I am back at work, I barely take any pictures of Audrey. Either she is running around and they turn out blurry, or she gets mad when I try to take her picture (like when she's eating), or I just forget. I need to make a point of pulling out the DSLR more and snapping some more pictures since she is growing up so fast. My baby is a toddler now!
Playing with the empty bins.
More fun than all her toys.

Rare precious moments these days
3. I made some no-bake energy balls the other night. They are so delicious! I have to restrain myself from eating the whole container in one sitting. I used this recipe but modified it a bit by substituting half the coconut for shaved almonds (didn't have enough coconut) and sunflower seeds for chia seeds. They are so tasty. I'm having problems getting them to stick together and mine definitely look and feel drier than the picture on the original recipe. I think next time I need to add more peanut butter and/or honey than what the recipe calls for.

Morning snack!

Made any good, healthy snacks lately?

5 comments:

  1. I need to make energy balls, love them! I used make ones that were date based but date are on the aversion list these days so I will have to try other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those energy balls! I made some on the weekend, but didn't have coconut or enough honey. They weren't as good as others I've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try these energy balls!! How fun that you are your sister are doing the race together! That picture of Audrey sleeping is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Energy balls are the best!! I got a little obsessed with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never made energy balls but want to! i see them a lot on blogs and pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!