We looked up on the internet how to relieve the burning and tried a few things:
- lime juice- didn't really help
- lime juice then baking soda- burned like hell
- aloe vera- helped at first but the burning returned
- After Bite- helped at first but the burning returned
- Penaten diaper cream- helped at first but then the burning returned. Messy!
- cold water- helped as long as my hand was under the running water
- ice pack- most helpful as long as I didn't freeze my hand off
I stayed up way too late trying to relieve the burning sensation but when I woke up a couple hours later (thanks to Audrey) it was mostly better. I don't think I will be cutting jalapenos anytime soon!
2. The Calgary Jugo Juice 10K has snuck up- it's this weekend!! I feel so-so about my training. I've definitely run a lot but I could have used a few more speed sessions and maybe one or two longer runs. A PR ( sub1:03) might not be in the cards, and certainly not sub 60 minutes but we will see what happens.
|Scotiabank Jugo Juice 10K 2011|
Hopefully I will be able to meet up with Cori- she's going for a sub 60 10K so maybe I should stick with her! I have no doubt she will reach her goal!
3. Audrey is going to have her first sleep over at Auntie's on Saturday night. Since the race starts so early on Sunday and both hubby and I are racing, it made sense to have someone look after her overnight. The race venue is not stroller friendly and Audrey would not tolerate being in the hiking pack for 3-4 hours minimum. I'm a little sad to be leaving her overnight but I know she will be in very capable hands and my sister and her family LOVE Audrey to pieces. She probably won't want to come home! I will miss her like crazy though and will make sure my sis sends me pictures every hour!
|Hanging with her cousin|
How old was your baby when you first left him/her for the night?