Monday, June 10, 2013

~What I did this weekend~

This may have been our busiest weekend of the summer and it isn't even summer yet!
I was barely home except to sleep!

Friday was the quietest day of the weekend. Audrey and I played all late afternoon while hubby worked late.   After a quick dinner of leftovers (thanks to dinner the previous night and a potluck at work that day), we headed over to the park to tire her out. She loves going down the slides and shouts 'down' when she reaches the bottom. She could go up and down the slide all day if we let her. We chatted with another mother who was out also trying to tired her kids out before bed.

Saturday morning I managed to get in a strength training workout while Audrey napped- Jillian Michael's Shred It with Weights that Alison lent to me. It was quite the workout! I liked the pace of it and since the workout called for kettle bells (I used dumb bells) it was quite different from the 30 Day Shred workouts which was a nice change. Let's just say that my hamstrings are still sore from the workout 2 days ago! Ouch!

In the afternoon, I left hubby and Audrey at home while I went to my nephew's high school graduation. I am not sure how he managed to grow up so quickly- I certainly don't feel old enough to have a nephew entering University in a few short months! It was a nice, small and intimate ceremony and I shed my fair share of tears! In some ways he is more like my little brother. I am so proud of him!

Super small graduating  class of 38!
Processional 

They all fit on the stage
Getting his diploma
After the ceremony, we took a bunch of family pictures before they had to dash off to the banquet.








All dressed up for the Banquet
Hubby and Audrey spent the afternoon solo and successfully found a sandbox for the backyard. She hasn't had a chance yet to test it out but I'm sure she is going to love it considering how much she enjoys playing in the dirt!

They went over to his parents' house since C&L were hosting a BBQ. I joined them when I was done at the graduation ceremony. It was nice to catch up with a few friends and family for a casual evening. Audrey was right played out and quickly fell asleep when we got home.

I started watching Something Borrowed (I read the book eons ago) but fell asleep close to the end. I was pretty bummed that I missed the ending so I will have to re-watch it. This girl just can't stay up late anymore!

Sunday morning we did not go running. I woke up ridiculously sore from the previous day's workout and I didn't think running was going to be any fun with super tight hamstrings. Instead, I did a yoga video workout from the SeaWheeze training app. It was actually pretty good- it's geared towards runners so I think it helps my poor hamstrings. I'm looking forward to doing more of their videos.

We had our goddaughter's 2nd birthday party at a children's play centre. Audrey had a blast! Even the adults had fun. There were tons of kids running around so it was a bit chaotic.


Birthday girl!

Rocking on the whale
Watching Uncle W juggle
Following Daddy in the tunnel
Climbing up
Birthday cake 

Audrey having some ice cream cake
It's so cold!!
Riding the Merry-go-round!
For dinner, we went back to my sister's house for a BBQ to continue celebrating my nephew's graduation. It was great to see my aunt & uncle who we haven't seen since Christmas. Audrey loves her cousins so they entertained her the entire time.

Trampoline time!

Using wrestling moves on her cousin
Excellent baby cage!
It was a long drive home and after Audrey went to bed, I went grocery shopping. I must say the store is quiet at 9:30pm on a Sunday!

Yup, we managed to pack that all into 2 days! It was lots of fun but I definitely could have used another day off!

** On a side note- I know I've said it before but I really need to use the dSLR more often. I even brought the darn thing to all the events this weekend and didn't pull it out once. The iphone is so much more convenient but the quality just doesn't compare so I need to stop being lazy (and shy)!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend and a VERY busy one!! Glad you like that DVD, it is a good one! The graduation looks nice - you are NOT old enough to have a nephew going into university!! :) I want a nice camera for my birthday but then need to learn to use it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy weekend you had! Glad that you were able to spend some time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a busy weekend! I have never tried that DVD but might need to one day. I like home DVD's for when I cannot get to the gym or do not feel like it and I am sure there will be lots more of those days after baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like some good family time!! i've done that video with the kettle ball (but used weights too). i liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy busy weekend!! I need to use my dSLR more often too - AND learn how to use it properly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun weekend!!

    I need to use mine more often as well!! Not just for shoots!! Your right cell phones are much easier but the quality is just not there!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!