This year is going by way too quickly. I can't believe it's half over!
First Quarter Check-in
1) Run 750km in 2013. I don't have the best method for tracking my runs since a lot of them were on the treadmill so I am estimating that I have run about 350K so far this year. That puts me just behind my goal. I do have two half marathons coming up so my distances will increase so it's not a lost cause!
2) Get a PR in the half marathon distance- sub 2:22. Achieved!! Race Report here
3) Get a PR in the 5K distance- sub 30 for real (no short courses!). I have a 5K coming up next weekend but I don't think I will be PRing since it will be a fun run with my sis. I did PR in the 10K distance, sub 60 minutes in May so I'm confident I could meet this goal.
4) Meal plan on a weekly basis- personally cook 2-3 meals a week. Still meeting this goal. It's pretty much the only way we survive each day!
5) Eat better. Reduce sugar, and flour intake. Eat more natural foods. Always room for improvement. I'm eating lots of fruit and vegetables but am still having a treat a few times a week or day.
6) Complete a 30 Day Ab Challenge at least once. Oops- this starts today- July 3rd
7) Cross train 3x a week-- strength training and yoga. Tone this body! I've only been doing this 1-2x a week so I need to be more diligent.
8) Drink more water- at least 8 glasses a day. Some days are better than others. Weekends are the worst. I need to get an even bigger water bottle!
1) Spend less money. Be picky about what I buy. Do I really need it? Can I live without it? It helps that I am having a hard time finding things! While it is discouraging, it's good for my wallet. I need to stop buying clothes for Audrey since she has plenty of clothes and I don't like to dress her in anything that's too nice during the week as she gets quite messy at the day home.
2) Continue learning how to use my dSLR. Complete more tutorials. Buy Photoshop Light Room and learn to use it. Fail! Fail! Fail! I've used it the dSLR a few times but the iPhone is far too convenient. Maybe if I buy Photoshop I will be more inclined to use the fancy camera. I think I need to reduce my social media time and increase my camera- learning time.
3) Read 15 books. I have only finished 1 book so far. Every time I go to use my Kobo it's dead because I don't use it enough. I'm about halfway through my 2nd book.
4) Organize photos in iPhoto and make some photo books. Haven't touched this project.
5) Learn to utilize the items in my closet rather than buying new clothes constantly. Success! I've been creating new outfits every day for work with pieces I already owned and only a few new items.
6) Take or have taken family photos every season. Achieved! We had pictures taken with Whitney in February that turned out amazing! Need to book something for the summer/fall though.
7) Reduce time spent aimlessly on the internet. Doing this will help me achieve the above goals. Still a problem. Hence why I have read only 1.5 books thus far!
1) Reduce time spent on the internet. If I want to achieve my goals (working out, eating better, reading, using the dSLR) then I need to spend less time browsing everything and anything online and just focus on those things.
How will I do this?
- Limit my social media time to 1 hour per day on the weekends (I can't go cold turkey!)
- Limit my social media time to 30 minutes per day on the week nights.
2) Clean & Organize the basement. I did a major de-clutter last summer/fall but suddenly so much crap has accumulated down there. A lot of it is baby stuff that Audrey has outgrown that we are saving for future babies. I don't even want to workout down there since it's so cramped and full of stuff. Must change this! Eventually we want to develop the basement so the less stuff we accumulate over time the better.
3) Re-finish the Hutch. I planned to do this before I went back to work in March but you know how life gets in the way. It's a pretty big project. I think the first step will be to move it out of the basement, into the garage, where we will do all the work. Once it's in our face I think we will be more motivated to complete it. We definitely want the garage to be free for parking in during the winter so now is the time to work on it.
Overall I'm satisfied with my goal progress. There are a few areas that really need to be worked on so with less time wasted on the internet I shouldn't have a problem tackling those projects.