Friday, July 5, 2013

~ Haute Fashion ~

Another week over, another weekend on the horizon!

Today is the official start of Stampede 101- Hell or High Water.


It's hard to believe that 2 weeks ago many parts of our city and surrounding areas were underwater. There is still much to do to return many areas to normal but I am so proud to see that the city has pulled through and still able to hold this annual event.

Unfortunately, several events had to be cancelled/postponed, including all the big concerts, due to the damage to the Saddledome. There just wasn't enough time to make the venue safe to hold all the people. While I didn't have any concert tickets, it's still disappointing to hear that a big part of the event had to be cancelled.

Now for the fashion portion:

Minty Flowers
Dress- Winners
Cardigan- Old Navy
Peep toe pumps- Nine West
Necklace- Banana Republic
I love that I can pair this dress with so many different cardigans! I had been searching high and low for a mint sweater so I was super happy when I found this one online a few weeks ago. It's so soft too!

Pockets
Dress- Gap
Wedges- Franco Sarto
Necklace- Banana Republic
Bracelet- Coach
It was finally nice enough to go sans cardigan! This dress has pockets which are great for pictures and that's about it!

Red, White & Black
Shirt- Banana Republic
Skirt- Jacob
Necklace- RW&Co
I don't normally wear a lot of red but I needed a red outfit for an event a few years back. It's pretty comfortable and I like the silhouette.

Teal & Polka Dots
Black cardigan- Banana Republic
Polka dot t shirt- Gap
Teal capris- Joe
Necklace- Old Navy
I debated on this necklace- gold with different coloured beads- since I don't wear a lot of gold jewellery. I am so glad I bought it. It will go with many outfits and it's long enough to double strand it. However, I am disappointed with this shirt. It has subtle polka dots which are nice but it has not held up very well. It's getting quite piled and I don't like that it's on the shorter side. Unfortunately I don't often have luck with shirts at Gap and this is another example of why.

Blazing Stripes
Blazer- H&M
Lace black shirt- Winners
Skirt- Old Navy
Necklace- BR
Power outfit! I love the shape of this blazer. I debated getting it since I wasn't looking for a cobalt blue blazer but I am glad I did. It's comfortable, quite flattering and I could use some non-purple or pink pieces in my wardrobe!

Audrey wanted to share her cute bathing suit!
She loves anything polka dot and tutu (ok, I do)!

Perfect way to beat the heat!


Happy Weekend All!

6 comments:

  1. I was going to say your last outfit is a power outfit! Love it. I love wearing skirts to work. Right now I am out of all of mine and debating buy a maternity one...
    So cute love the photo of Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your outfits especially the cobalt blue blazer. Looks so good on you! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts, you always look so lovely! And I was just looking at ordering a Hell or High Water CS tshirt - Hubs is in Calgary today and said he's pick one up for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find the cutest things at winners!! Soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dresses with pockets!!
    You look nice in Mint!

    My summer school has the A/C cranked so I've been rocking the cardigans all week - YAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you do with jeans during Stampede. I've already been amused/horrified/interested in what some women have done with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!