Friday, July 19, 2013

~ Training, Reading, Fashion ~

Oh look, it's Friday! I've been counting down the days since Monday so it's not really a surprise. It's more a relief! I am so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. Someone please give Audrey the memo that 4am is not wake up time ever. Yawn!

Training
To give a brief update on my Seawheeze training, I managed to squeeze in a make up 'long run' on Tuesday after work. The schedule called for 14K, I did 8K due to time constraints. It's not ideal but it's better than nothing. I also did a 4K run last night. I'm planning on another short run tonight- let's hope I have the energy.

This weekend I will be doing 16K. I CAN do it!

My 30 Day Squat Challenge has had a few hiccups. Day 4 was a rest day and then I forgot to do Day 5 and Day 6! I kept getting the reminder on my phone when I was in bed already. So I started back up at Day 5 last night before bed.

I also picked up some heavier weights for strength training. I need to push myself more!

Reading
I received a Kobo gift card for my birthday so I bought the most recent Jodi Picoult book, The Storyteller. She is my favourite author and I can't wait to read this book! I've heard good things about this book and usually she doesn't disappoint.



Fashion
I didn't get a chance to organize my outfits for the week on Sunday so I had to scramble each morning for something to wear. I wore a lot of repeat favourite outfits so there isn't much to share this week.

Plum Pie
Dress- Jacob
Cardigan- Old Navy
Pumps- Nine West
Necklace- BR
I found this gem in the back of my closet. I love this dress but it's dry clean only so I don't wear it that often. I really hate having to take my clothes to the dry cleaners! I'd rather buy more clothes.

I know I said I wouldn't...

Blazer- H&M
Dress- BR
Belt- Old Navy
Necklace- RW&Co?
... wear this dress to work again but pairing it with a blazer definitely increases the professional factor. The only downside to this outfit is that the belt did not stay put. I kept having to tighten it, lift it up or re-loop it throughout the day. Very annoying! I think a thicker belt will be better next time.

Brought to you by...


Yup, another outfit completely from Old Navy, minus the sandals. Apparently I like their stuff.


Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. I need to read that book! I LOVE her. I just picked up another one of hers that she wrote with her daughter. I love your outfit with the blazer!! So great and your hair looks pretty too. Glad you survived this week! : You deserve a sleep in!! Hear that A! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that royal blue blazer!
    I need to start organizing my outfits. Right now I am trying to wear clothes one last time and then I can move onto some maternity clothes in the next month, most are still too big and feel sloppy.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about that book too but haven't read it yet. Might have to download it for our trip! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the purple dress

    We were twinsies this week - Go Old Navy (love my polka dot sweater!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4am wake ups are brutal. It's not morning yet at that time. It just isn't. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered Jodi Picoult and I really like the two books I've read so far! I just got some more out of the library and I'm really excited to read them. Which one of her books is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!