Monday, July 8, 2013

~ What I did this weekend ~

Another insane weekend is over. I think I am more exhausted today than I was on Friday evening!

Friday was the first day of the Calgary Stampede, starting with the Parade in the morning. Hubby decided to take the day off work and bring Audrey down to watch the parade. My office is along the parade route so I came down for a bit to watch with them.

 Audrey loved the crowd and all the horses.

Best seat in the house!

Police 

Parade Marshal- Chris Hatfield, Canadian Astronaut


Mayor Nenshi

RCMP

Loving the horses





Parts of the parade were pretty emotional. There were many signs thanking the volunteers and first response teams for their efforts during the flood. Many firefighters, police officers and EMS were part of the parade and there was lots of cheering as they walked by.

Apparently it's tough work watching a parade though...

Sleepy baby
Later that night, I did 5K on the treadmill since it was pouring rain outside. Why run outside when you can run inside! I managed to hurt my foot before I even started running though. I was reaching down over the treadmill to pick something up off the floor, my one foot was half under the treadmill and it got stuck as I went bent over. It hurt soooo badly! I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. It was a bit tender for a couple days.

Saturday we met some friends at Heritage Park. The girls had lots of fun and it brought back many childhood memories for me!

Splashing in the fountain

On the train

Enjoying the carousal


Riding the horses on the carousel the 2nd time around

Nice face honey

Going on the ferris wheel



It was a full day and I was exhausted when we left. Audrey feel asleep before we even left the park.

Sunday my sister and I ran the Stampede Road Race 5K. I'll write a full race recap but I will say the weather was gorgeous and we had a course PR! We had lots of fun and are planning on putting our girls into the kids race next year!



After the race's pancake breakfast, we went to another pancake breakfast hosted by our friends. Only a couple days into Stampede and I might be good for pancakes for awhile!

Now to survive the rest of this week!


7 comments:

  1. I have never seen the Stampede parade - one year I'd love to go.
    That sounds so painful with your foot! Hopefully its better today :)
    I cannot wait for a pancake breaky - even though I make better ones at home I still love going to them. Hopefully we find one next week during our fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the parade either...we had it on the TV in our office though :) Looks like you guys had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Stampede (or Calgary...)

    I really want to go one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the parade too and it was awesome! It was our first year going and I think Henry was in heaven with all the vehicles and animals! I really loved how everyone was cheering so loud for the flood relief people and all the other emergency services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey loved her horses!!! Love those smiles! I have never seen the parade but you got some great shots.
    Ouch to your foot!! Hope it's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The parade looks like a lot of fun! Good job on the 5k PR!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she looks so cute in that hat!! and how nice to go to two pancake breakfasts :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!