Tuesday, August 27, 2013

~A Little Weekend Recap~

Of course it went by too fast but I feel good about what we accomplished, even if it was small things.

On Friday, Audrey and I hit up the mall after work in search of some gifts and shoes for her. We were successful with the gifts but looking for good toddler shoes is proving to be very difficult. I think I am going to have to resort to buying online as I have already spent 4 separate shopping trips looking for something sturdy, yet pretty and have come up empty handed. It doesn't help that I am very picky and don't want running shoes for every day.

On Saturday, we took it easy all day while we did chores around the house, organized the basement (apparently I am a box hoarder!), and played in the backyard with Audrey. Luckily, hubby found a babysitter last minute for Audrey (Yay Auntie L & Uncle C!) so we were both able to go out for my best friend's 30th birthday party.

We went for dinner at Black Betty Burger & Wine bar and it was sooooo good! I've never heard of this place before- shows how often I go out these days. The burgers and drinks were so good- I had a strawberry mojito which was amazing!

It was a good night catching up with friends and eating delicious birthday cake! I wish I could get the picture to load since it was so pretty!

Afterwards, we stayed up late having a good chat with L & C, who had fun spending the evening with Audrey. I'm so glad they are back from their trip as it's nice to see them more often.

Sunday we met up with the Run Club for 16K. We were running a bit late so we had some catching up to do. It was a beautiful day for running- overcast, slight breeze and around 18C. Great start to the day!

Originally I planned to just do some stuff around the house for the rest of the day but hubby decided we needed to go shopping. Ok, if you insist, dear!! We still had no luck with shoes for Audrey (I'm giving up!) but I managed to find a few cute things for myself. The mall was crazy with all the back to school shoppers.

Playing at the train table in Chapters

Hubby had a short work meeting so he met up with us for dinner after he was done.

It was a nice weekend with lots of family time, just the way I like it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I LOVE mojitos so summery and refreshing!! And easy to make at home too!! ;) Glad you found yourself some stuff shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weekend! I am a box hoarder too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking the kids to Chapters so they can play with the train table! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a kids shoe store in aspen (super far from you, I know) that is awesome. Little footprints maybe? I can't remember the name. Maybe worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am finding that fall/winter clothes for kids are so slow coming out this year! I agree sometimes online is the only/best option.
    I hear you on the box hoarding, we took 2 trips to the cardboard recycling place a couple months from all the boxes we had kept over the past 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend. And what is it about kids and train tables?! They just can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!