Friday, August 23, 2013

Post- Vacation Catch Up

I've been back from vacation for over a week now and I'm finally starting to feel like I am caught up on things!

It's been a whirlwind week and I'm looking forward to a slightly less busy weekend and helping my BFF celebrate her 30th birthday!






Audrey and I both came down with post-vacation colds. While it sucks, I am glad it didn't happen while we were on vacation. Hopefully a weekend of taking it easy can kill these germs.

I'm starting to get into my regular workout routine post-SeaWheeze. We did a hellish hilly 13K route on Sunday and a couple shorter runs in the evenings. Hubby is now pacing Melissa's Half next month so he's getting a bit more serious about getting his runs in. He has signed up for the currently Half clinic, whereas I have not, since it's his turn to be part of the clinic. I'm okay with just meeting up with the group on Sundays since it's so hard during the week anyway.

We have agreed that he is going to put Audrey to bed a couple nights a week so that I can get some workouts in at a more reasonable hour. I'm just finding it too hard to workout at 8pm. I force myself to but I don't have the energy to push myself to make the workout as effective as possible. Too many times I skip the workout in lieu of chores or sleep.

I've also started tracking my calories with My Fitness Pal as I was feeling very low on energy most days. I discovered that I wasn't eating enough protein and eating too much sugar in the AM, since my breakfasts and morning snacks usually consist of fruit. So I'm working on eating more balanced meals throughout the day so I don't get the highs and lows. I'm also trying to increase my water intake.

So while we have nothing exciting planned for the weekend (other than the big birthday celebration), I have lots of little projects at home that I need to work on. The weather is slowly turning cooler so I need to pull out a few more fall pieces. I'm not ready to give up on the summer wardrobe yet but I'm tired of freezing in the morning and at work.

Have a good weekend!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm bad at using up my daily sugar allotment by noon. Hopefully you have more energy soon and get over that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!!!

    I loved my fitness pal prior to being pregnant!!! It also made me pay attention to what I was eating!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!