Wednesday, September 11, 2013

~Baby N #2: 16-17 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?

Avocado

Weight gain?
Only a few pounds. I'm not weighing myself as frequently this time around- mostly because the scale is in the basement and I forget to go down there.

What I'm Wearing?
Pants/skirts- mostly maternity. A few stretchy regular skirts still fit but all my pants are maternity since they are far more comfortable. Tops- mostly non-maternity. Still too small to fill out maternity shirts but the regular ones are starting to feel too short.

Aversions or Cravings?
None really. I'm really trying to eat healthier and have more protein with each meal, especially breakfast. Carbs are still the most appealing thing to me but I'm trying to not go overboard.

How I'm feeling?
Pretty good. Energy level is decent. I'm still struggling in the evenings to get my workouts in due to fatigue. My body is achy too so I'm going for regular chiro adjustments and using a massager on the tights parts (glutes and hamstrings) to help loosen them up.

Sleep?
Sleep interruption can be blamed on the first child, not this one! I'm only getting up once a night to pee, if that, so it's not too bad as long as big sis doesn't have a bad night that has me getting up frequently. I did buy a snoogle when they were on sale since so many women rave about them but I haven't tried it yet. I can still sleep in most positions so I'm definitely still comfortable.

Workouts?
4 - 10K run, prenatal yoga, 25 min treadmill run, 4K run outside. I'm struggling lately because there just aren't enough hours in the day and when A finally goes to bed I'm way too tired to workout. I'm looking forward to starting prenatal yoga next week. I need to stay on top of my runs since I haven't decided either way about the Harvest Half at the beginning of October. I've slowed down quite a bit and feel pretty good when running still so I won't make a decision until I've done a couple more longer runs to see how my body deals with those.

What I'm Excited for? 
Our anatomy ultrasound at the end of the month! Can't wait to find out the gender. I need to think of a creative way to reveal the gender. Most people think it's a boy. I'm also looking forward to having more of a bump and getting out of this awkward stage.

What I Miss? 
I definitely miss my clothes. I feel so in between right now- regular clothes don't fit, maternity clothes don't fit. I miss hard workouts and working towards getting fitter. While I'm still working out and it's beneficial, I know I won't be getting more toned and my body will be getting bigger rather than smaller/more toned. I'm getting over it a bit more now that I am starting to have a bump to focus on rather than my butt and thighs but I still have my moments. Losing my body is definitely harder this time around.

Highlights?
Officially sharing the news with the world. This pregnancy is going to fly by since it was a secret for almost the 1st half! I'm glad that I can be open about it and enjoy it now.

Baby Purchases & Projects?
Poor 2nd child! I have barely even thought about the nursery and any decorating. It will be such a big project since we have to move everything out of our joint office into the basement. We just organized the basement but I'm really dreading organizing everything that we have to move down there. It will require some heavy lifting so we won't be doing anything for at least another month.

It's so much harder to think about/do this stuff when you have a toddler running around. A lot of it will require both hubby and I to do together which makes it impossible when Audrey is awake. Since the office/2nd bedroom is right beside Audrey's room, we also have to be very quiet while she is sleeping.

Also, we have decided that if it's another girl, we will move Audrey into the office/2nd bedroom and make it a big girl room for her. I love Audrey's nursery so I don't want to have to redecorate that room, however it is a bit smaller and closer to our bedroom so ideally it's better as the nursery.

Weekly Belly Pic


I feel as though the bump is smaller than it has been the past few weeks. I'm looking forward to be out of this awkward stage where I just look fat.



5 comments:

  1. You look awesome! I hated that stage too, I just felt chubby but as you know soon your bump will pop and then it all changes :) I really do think you look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I never decorated Max's room - we gave it a coat of paint (same colour - yellow) and bought a crib new, everything else used and nothing matches.

    I did just put up a Minions poster and a soft kitty song poster. Worse Mommy ever ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and totally know what you mean about getting out of the awkward sage. I have a bunch of clothes for you that aren't mat (yet - you'll get those soon) but ones I wore when I was just in the weird stage. Hope they help! Good work on the workouts! Listen to your body, it needs rest, especially with a toddler!! Once you know the gender you'll do more thinking about it I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these updates! You are looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome!! Glad you are feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!