Monday, September 9, 2013

~ Weekend Recap ~

I really need to start lobbying for 3 day weekends. Two days is just not nearly enough to get everything done and have a moment to rest. Anyone else with me on this?

I'm doing a picture recap since that's what I feel like doing!


Now You See Me
It took two nights for us me to watch this movie since I fell asleep the first time. It was a really, really good movie so me falling asleep had nothing to do with the movie, just how totally exhausted I am on Friday nights. The cast was amazing, the storyline was entertaining and the effects were neat. Watch it!


Only the top half of the hutch
 Remember this hutch? The one that I got from my Mom almost a year ago? I finally bought the paint for it. It's chalk paint so there is no need to prep the piece other than make sure it's clean (which will be enough work!). Hubby heard about this product at a business networking meeting and knew that it would be perfect for this project since who the heck has time to sand a big hutch, prime it, then paint it? Not me! Hopefully next weekend we will get started on it. We are painting it two colours since I want to antique it a bit and don't want the ugly green colour to show through.



Spent lots of time playing with this girl! She loves that pony and can climb off and on it herself. She's still a total Daddy's girl so I'm really trying to spend as much quality time with her so she thinks I'm fun too!



We made a trip to Ikea to look at a few things, including a new bed for Audrey. It was pretty crazy in there! Audrey loved the kids area, including this tunnel so we had to bring one home. I love that it's easy to set up and take down. 


I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte #PSL of the season. It makes fall way more bearable. Mmmm I can't wait for pumpkin pie in a few more weeks!


Sunday was pretty boring, with an almost 10K run for me, coffee with the running group and chores galore. The house is clean! We also did a bunch of baking. My feet are sore from being on them all day long but it feels good to be so productive. 

We have a pretty uneventful week ahead which is just fine by me. 

5 comments:

  1. My nieces have one of those tunnels too and they love it! What colour are you going to paint the hutch? I'm currently searching for an old wood dining room table that I can make over, but having zero luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. M really liked that movie, I didn't mind it! I'm excited to see how that hutch turns out! We have a wardrobe to paint for the nursery that I am dreading! What product are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that movie, I'll have to add it to the list. LOVE the hutch. That paint looks cool, can't wait to see it done. J finished our dresser!! So excited. I had my first PSL too! mmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to see that movie! love that hutch! where did you get the paint from? I want to paint something with chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Now that I'm in Invermere during the week I can't get them often, which is probably a good thing! They're so addicting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!