Monday, September 30, 2013

~Weekend Recap~

How is it possibly Monday already?

Friday night my BFF came over for dinner and brought over her 4 month old Great Dane puppy, Jersey. She is such a sweet puppy. Milo kept chasing her around the house and letting her know who is boss. Audrey loved her!! I only managed to get one photo of them- as Audrey was saying goodnight and giving her a hug.


Blurry puppy


On Saturday morning, Hubby and Audrey went to her swimming lessons while I went to a Baby Sale. Unfortunately I didn't find too much for Audrey- it seems there just isn't much available the bigger they get. Doesn't surprise me since she seems to wear out of clothes before she grows out of them, or things get stained.

Couple pairs of pants
Beautiful handmade knit sweater
Hair bow

I managed to get a bunch of stuff for Baby Boy- a bunch of sleepers, an outfit and the cutest little Robeez. I find it's harder to find cute clothes for boys that aren't covered in trucks or puppies. That might be a good thing!!

(Sorry- wouldn't rotate!)


While Audrey napped, hubby and I put another coat on the hutch- only on the bottom half since we ran out of paint! Since it's specialty paint we couldn't just run to Home Depot and pick up another can so the project has been delayed yet another weekend. I really like how the bottom piece turned out- it just need needs to be lightly distressed and waxed. The second coat evened out the streaks.

After Audrey's nap we had some shopping to do so we braved the mall. Poor little girl seems to be coming down with a cold so she was pretty content sitting in her stroller people watching rather than running around. I hate seeing her sick but we have been pretty lucky with how healthy she has been. I guess it's just that time of year now.

We found her a new winter jacket, snow pants and boots. She wasn't too impressed with the snow pants and jacket, but loved the boots.

Blurry, unhappy toddler, with kleenex in her band

Sunday morning we met with our running group to do our 6K taper. It was pretty windy out and I wore my jacket, making me very overdressed. Hopefully we won't have wind on race day. I felt pretty good after 6K but I'm sure I will need a few bathroom breaks on race day as all the bouncing puts pressure on the bladder!

It seems this girl prefers to sit at the table sans booster seat. She's becoming such a big girl! Much to her dismay, she usually has to sit in her booster for meals.



While vacuuming, I fell down the stairs and smashed my foot into the baby gate at the base of the stairs. It hurt so badly. At first I thought I may have broken my big toe but I think it's just sprained. Still not great considering that I have a race in 6 days. I've been icing it a bit but it's hard to rest when you have a toddler to run after and a bunch of things that need to get done.

A couple hours later, hubby went down the stairs, and thought the gate was open. It ended up being stuck, he stumbled into it, and broke it! So much for that! Our stairway is now baby-gate free. Audrey can go up and down the stairs no problem so we don't feel the need to rush out and buy another gate until the next baby is mobile. It's so nice not having to open the gate every time you have to go up or down the stairs. 



I spent a good chunk of the afternoon putting together some work outfits so that I'm not scrambling every morning. I've come to the conclusion that my maternity wardrobe consists of purple, grey and black. I will not be buying anything in those colours for awhile! 

I also backed up my iPhone, and updated to iOS 7. I'm still trying to get used to it and so far dislike a few features. My phone is acting up today but I think that's a provider issue as it happened last week before I updated. 

The rest of the evening was spent hobbling around, trying to get ready for the upcoming week and baking muffins. 


What colour does you wardrobe mainly consist of?

Have you ever sprained a toe?

What's your favourite kind of muffin?


2 comments:

  1. Love those little shoes, Baby K has the same ones in pink and white! Love A's snowsuit too.
    That is no good with your toe, I hope it feels better this week for your race. I am such a klutz so I would do something similar I am sure.
    So smart on the outfits, I always say I should do that and never do...I wear tons of grey, navy and black - pretty exciting, right?
    Tough one... I love everything pumpkin right now but my Mom's banana chocolate chip ones are pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Mrs. You need to careful!! Not that someone plans to fall or hurt themselves! Love those outfits! Eeekk baby boy has a wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!