Monday, October 7, 2013

~ Autumn Weekend Recap~

Every weekend seems to be going by faster and faster :(

Friday evening was spent relaxing and getting myself ready for the race the next morning. I was still unsure of what to wear so I had laid out a few options to decide in the morning, especially since I realized that my camelbak was chaffing my shirts which isn't cool.

Saturday morning I woke up at my usual weekday time for the Harvest Half Marathon. The race went better than expected which is wonderful. I love this race so much and I'm glad I was able to enjoy it as much as I did last year. I'll be back in 2014!

Running Partners-in-Crime

We did it!
After the race, I went with a bunch of co-workers for brunch. Everyone did really well so we celebrated our accomplishments. It was the first half marathon for most of them, including a few non-runners. My full race report is coming soon.

I picked up more paint for the hutch DIY project and headed home. Hubby and Audrey weren't able to come cheer me on since Audrey had her swimming lessons at the same time, which she slept through! So they went swimming in the afternoon to make up for the missed lesson.

I had an ice bath, nice hot shower and thought about napping but I felt good so I decided against it. When hubby and Audrey got home we played for a bit before heading out to a little puppet show that some friends put on for a bunch of kids. It was great entertainment for everyone. Hubby's brother and sister-in-law even joined us for the fun.

Puppet show
Afterwards, Uncle C and Auntie L kindly invited us back to their house for dinner. Audrey had a blast exploring their place and trying to get into as many things as she possibly could. She definitely loves her Auntie and Uncle! They served us a delicious dinner that still makes my mouth water! Thank you so much! It was nice to have an impromptu visit.

Sunday morning Hubby made delicious waffles and an apple syrup which was an excellent way to start the day. The rest of the day was full of chores. I did manage to put the 2nd coat on the rest of the hutch. I think it may need another coat, or some touch ups in some areas that you can still see a bit of the dark underneath. I am so over this project and feel like it's taking forever. I can really only work on it while Audrey is sleeping, which is the same for a lot of things. I hope it will be done next weekend but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Doing this project pretty much solidifies that having a DIY house would not be good for my marriage. I'm amazed that people can live through renovations for months on end.

Hubby spent most of the day outside working on the garden and backyard, preparing it for winter. Unfortunately he has been so busy the last couple of months that the garden got a bit neglected and a few things didn't survive the recent frost :( It seems I'm not the only one struggling with lack of time.

We played lots with Audrey. She received these Matryoshka nesting dolls from my Aunt in the mail so she is pretty enthralled with them right now.


I managed to find some time to put up a few fall & Halloween decorations. Audrey thought the wind up Frankenstein and Pumpkin man were pretty neat, until she broke them! I guess I really need to start brainstorming a costume for her since it's only a few weeks away. At least I know what I am going as!

It was a busy and great weekend. I will admit that I am looking forward to having my weekends back from doing long runs. As much as I love the half marathon distance, the training is a time sucker.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the race! I love fall races. Heat can be a killer in the summer months.
    Can you believe I have never had an ice bath?! I was too much of a wimp!
    Apple syrup sounds so good! I love any flavored syrups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the race!! An ice bath doesn't sound all that fun haha. But it sounds like a productive weekend!! Do you reckoned the chalk paint? I'm thinking of using it to paint the nursery furniture! Which brand do you use? Apple syrups sounds tasty! We had waffles this weekend too! I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the weekends go by way too fast! Congratulations again on your awesome half marathon finish! You don't even look pregnant in those pictures! Damn you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on another half marathon!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!