Wednesday, October 2, 2013

~Baby N#2: 20 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?


It seems impossible that this baby is already half baked! It has gone by so quickly. If time could just slow down from now to Christmas that would be great!

Baby has taste buds and is drinking several ounces of amniotic fluid each day, which we saw at the ultrasound last week!

What I'm Wearing?
Mostly into fall maternity clothes now. I pulled out almost everything in my closet on the weekend to put together some outfits. My wardrobe consists of grey, black and purple! While I love those colours, I need more variety! I ordered a couple blue Isabella Oliver pieces from Zulily the other day but they won't be here for awhile. I'm not looking forward to having to wear nylons as it gets colder either. I'm still on the hunt for a nice pair of leggings (Old Navy hasn't had my size the last couple of times) and I think I need to invest in a different pair of workout pants as the muffin top is just not attractive nor good for my whole body image situation.

Aversions or Cravings?
Not really anything that stands out. I bought some candy corn so that satisfied my annual craving.

How I'm feeling?
I caught a cold so my head feels like it's going to explode and I'm tired. I also stubbed my toe pretty badly on the baby gate but it seems to be healing. Hopefully I'm better on both accounts in time for my half marathon on the weekend.

Movement?
The kicks are getting more and more frequent. I felt them a lot in the middle of the night when I couldn't go back to sleep. Hubby has felt a couple but usually baby is pretty shy as soon as he gets his hand on my belly. 

Sleep?
Things were going well until everyone got sick. I woke up last night when A woke up and couldn't fall back asleep for 1.5 hours.

Workouts?
# 5- prenatal yoga class, 2x 25 minute treadmill run, 6K run, Fit in Heels Pregnancy Workout

What I'm Excited for? 
Working on the nursery (not for at least a few more weeks), more baby kicks, and running my 2nd (3rd if you count the accidental one) half marathon this pregnancy on the weekend.

What I Miss? 
Running without having to pee! The occasional drink. A toned body that I don't feel self conscious about.

Highlights?
Our anatomy ultrasound was by far the best thing that happened all week. I had second thoughts about finding out the gender but I caved at the last minute. We are having a boy!!






Baby Purchases & Projects?
We are a bit delayed on the hutch project due to running out of paint so we are no closer to doing anything nursery related at all. I managed to find time to do a bit of filing and organizing in the office but it's still nowhere near ready to be moved downstairs.

We did buy the above picture stuffed elephant to give to Audrey from her little brother but I think it will end up in his nursery since Audrey has plenty of stuffed animals!

I did buy a few boy clothes at a baby sale on the weekend so he won't have to wear pink & purple!

Weekly Belly Pic



4 comments:

  1. You look great! 3rd half marathon is awesome! Next time I might attempt one :) There are tons of cute maternity clothes on Zulily right now, excited to see what you bought!
    Feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to check out Old Navy on Friday when I am near one! I'm afraid to order off zulilly for some reason! I just don't know how the sizes work I guess! I can't wait to feel the baby move more frequently, that is for sure! I hope this cold buggers off for you soon!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - It's a boy!!! You are so inspiring - still running half marathons while pregnant and looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! And to quote Friends - now you'll have one of each!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!