Wednesday, October 9, 2013

~Baby N#2: 21 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?

Pomegranate
Baby's digestive system is developed enough to start absorbing water and small amounts of sugar from the amniotic fluid it swallows.

What I'm Wearing?
Mostly, if not all, maternity clothes. They are the most comfortable and fit the best right now so I'm just going to embrace it. I'm usually in comfy clothes as soon as I get home from work but that's usually what I do anyway. It's getting colder out so I've been wearing more pants.

Aversions or Cravings?
I had a late night craving for popcorn the other night so hubby made me some. Good man!

How I'm feeling?
Pretty good this week. My wisdom teeth (and whole mouth) is bothering me quite a bit so I'm hoping that doesn't mean a trip to the dentist anytime soon. I'm not sure they will/can do anything for me right now. I went to the chiro before my race to get re-aligned and went back 3 days after my race. She said I was in better shape after the race than I was before so I really think the only reason I have been able to maintain my half marathon training is due to my regular chiro visits. Without them I think I would have been in a lot more pain.

Movement?
I'm feeling lots of movement now. Baby does lots of little karate kicks, rolling and jumping in there. I tried sleeping on my tummy the other night and baby wasn't so impressed so I got lots of kicks!

Sleep?
Now that everyone is recovering from their colds in our household, sleep is getting better. I don't always have to get up in the night to pee which is nice but won't last for long.

Workouts?
# 3- prenatal yoga class, prenatal yoga DVD, 21.1K half marathon.
It was a light workout week. I've been recovering from my half. I was going to go for an easy run last night after A went to bed but I was too tired. I started the 30 Day Squat Challenge last night so I hope I can remember to keep that up! Squats are excellent preparation for labour and delivery, as well as good for the butt.

What I'm Excited for? 
Thanksgiving with our families! Spending the long weekend with Audrey. Hopefully finishing the hutch so we can move onto other projects.

What I Miss? 
Running a fast(er) half marathon, having races to look forward to, Bailey's in my coffee/hot chocolate, my body. I do love the bump though.

Highlights?
Baby and I completing our 2nd official Half Marathon together on the weekend!


Baby is hiding under the bib
Baby Purchases & Projects?
I bought a bouncy/vibrating chair on Kijiji. Our previous one was a hand-me-down and bright pink so I thought I would spare the little guy the humiliation and get him a gender neutral one. This one matches our swing and has lots of support, whereas our other one has none. Hopefully he doesn't hate it or else I'm going to be in trouble! This chair will allow me to shower occasionally and possibly workout.

The lady I bought the chair from also gave me a bunch of disposable diapers that her baby grew out of so while that's not an exciting baby item, it's free diapers!!


Weekly Belly Pic


6 comments:

  1. Kijiji was my fave baby-stuff store!

    Lookin good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that bouncer and swing! It is so cute.
    I hope your teeth don't bug you too much more. My dentist refused to even fill a simple cavity until after baby... I was not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bouncer!! We are leaning towards buying the mamaroo, but haven't picked the bouncer yet, I'm hoping to snatch one up used as well! Glad everyone is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that she gave you free diapers! You can never have too many of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bump! We have the bouncer too! Kijiji is awesome. I loved popcorn - always have but such a good snack!! Glad you are feeling good! And yay for so much movement!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit in your 21 week belly picture!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!