Friday, October 11, 2013

~Thankful & Fashion~

Alas, the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend is upon us! So many wonderful things rolled into one weekend- family, turkey, pumpkin pie AND an extra day off! I love this holiday so much as it reminds us to reflect on all the blessings in our lives.



There are so many good things in my life that I am thankful for. Far too many to name but most importantly my family, my friends, my health, my career and my country.

This week I have renewed disdain for nylons. It's been colder here, especially in the mornings, so the days of going barelegged are numbered. Normally I don't hate nylons that much but when pregnant they are the most uncomfortable things to put on your body. My bump isn't big enough to wear maternity nylons but it's too big to wear my regular nylons without cutting into my belly. I think I will buy some larger sized regular nylons to tide me over for a few months since nylons falling down around your knees is not quite the look I'm going for most days.

Layered Look
Boot cut jeans- Thyme
Purple 3/4 length sleeve shirt- Spoil Me Rotten Maternity
Necklace- BR
Black scarf- bought on our honeymoon
Black flats- Nine West
 Sometimes I wear a scarf to work and then don't take it off because I'm too cold! That's why I try to make sure my scarf doesn't clash with my outfit!

It's Navy, not Black!
Navy striped dress- Joe Fresh
Navy tights- Joe Fresh
Brown boots- some store in the US
Scarf-? 
I saw this dress in Joe Fresh and thought it was perfect since it isn't black (no more black allowed in my wardrobe!), it's striped and it has the cutest gold navy-type buttons on the shoulders. This dress is so comfortable and I got a lot of compliments on it.

And again...
Dress- Isabella Oliver
Cardigan- Old Navy
Bubble necklace- Etsy
Pumps- Nine West
Guess who is making an appearance again? This dress is too comfortable and flattering to not wear every other day. Good thing I have an overabundance of cardigans to pair it with!

Leopard Love
Shirt & Pants- Thyme
Cardigan- Old Navy
Scarf- Jacob
Pumps- Nine West
This outfit wasn't part of my planned outfits for the week. I decided I really wanted to wear my leopard scarf and my slim black pants and this is what I came up with. Fierce, I know. (I'm wondering if I should get these pants hemmed so they don't bunch at the ankles).

It's a Problem
Shirt- F21
Cardigan- Old Navy
Skirt- maternity, can't remember the brand
Necklace- BR
I told you I had too much purple, grey and black in my wardrobe! But it looks so nice together! But it's boring when you wear the same colour combo every day.

Do you dislike nylons & getting your pants hemmed? 

Where is your favourite place to buy accessories?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving!! Love that joe dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot mama!!! You look amazing! LOVE all the outfits!! that Joe dress is awesome and I bet it will work right until the end - cute for mat pics too!! :) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot say I have worn nylons in a long time. I either go bare legged or wear black tights.
    I have to hem all my stupid pants! My Mom does it for me most of the time.
    Love the Joe Fresh dress, did you now you can shop online now? I had to pull myself away from the site a couple times already...
    I also love the Leopard Love outfit.
    You are looking awesome, love your little bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost never hem my pants and I really really hate nylons. But sometimes they are necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the striped dress! I can't do nylons, and I never hem my pants. Mostly because I have no idea how. ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to hunt for that striped dress! I can't stand nylons and never ever wear them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh you are the cutest pregnant lady ever! I actually wore a lot of thigh-high stay-up type nylons when I was pregnant, have you tried those kind? Covers your legs but leaves your tummy totally unencumbered!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!