Monday, October 21, 2013

~Weekend Recap: Pumpkins, Date Night & Playdates~

What a great weekend! It was so busy so I will focus on a couple exciting things we did.

On Friday, the week ended perfectly with a quick visit with Alison, Cruz and little Delainey!

Perfect little girl
(picture from Alison)
What a tiny, delicious bundle of sweetness! Delainey is even smaller and more adorable in person! It's so amazing to finally meet this little girl whose arrival we have anticipated for years! I can't wait to watch her grow!

It was also great to catch up with Alison (who does not look like she just had a baby!) and Cruz.

At first, Audrey was a little shy of Cruz but she warmed up to her and thought she was pretty neat! It was interesting to see Audrey's reaction to me holding a newborn. She was definitely a little jealous (which I figured she would be). It was good practice when she dropped her sippy cup on her foot (ouch!) and I had to console a sad toddler while holding a newborn. She definitely put the drama on for that! She was pretty interested in Delainey- pointing out her little nose, feet and hands. Delainey just slept through the entire visit like a perfect newborn!

Saturday morning, after swimming, we went to Butterfield Acres for a 2 year old's birthday party. It was a little chilly out but we dressed warmly and had lots of fun.



Daddy & Audrey on the wagon ride

Birthday Girl!!


We went on a pumpkin hunt.
Found one!!







So heavy!





The kids had a blast looking for pumpkins and Audrey just wanted to carry them all!



"Decorating" the pumpkin
 They had lots of farm animals to see. Audrey was pretty excited about this part!

"Neigh"

Yummy strawberry

Yay cake!

Friendly bunnies


That night, hubby's brother and sister-in-law gracious offered to watch Audrey for the evening. We jumped at the chance for a date night! We went for dinner, Menchies for frozen yogurt and to an improv comedy show. It was a fun night! Thanks so much C & L for hanging out with Audrey!



Sunday I finally made plans to get together with an old friend who had a baby... 7 months ago! It's so hard coordinating schedules. Another friend also joined so it was great to finally meet little I and catch up with my old friends! We are so grown up now- talking mommy hood, careers, home ownership! Gone are our care-free University days!

We went to an indoor play centre close by as I knew Audrey would not sit quietly for a couple hours at a coffee shop. I had never been to TommyK Play before, although I have been to similar places. It was a great place to have a toddler run around while I caught up with my friends. Audrey had a blast climbing on the play structures, going down the slides, interacting with other kids and just running around.


Best photo we could get of the 4 of us!
Getting to know one another
So it was a pretty packed weekend! I did manage to get a bit of work done on the hutch- my running headlamp came in handy when distressing late at night in a dim lit garage!


It's going to be a busy week too!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got to meet Delainey! She looks like such a little angel.
    The pics of Audrey carrying the pumpkin is so cute, they are as big as her almost. lol.
    Your date night sounds fun, reminds me we really need to get out on one this weekend in case its our last before baby.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! I'm glad you got to meet Delainey and visit with Alison!! Jealous!! Lol! What a perfect weekend, it does sound like you had a lot of fun! Love the pumpkin patch pics!! And that you were able to have a date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Jealous you got to meet Delainey. I love the chance to cuddle tiny babies, which is weird because I NEVER liked holding babies until Liam came along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun but busy weekend! I can't wait to meet Delainey! My kids just need to get better first!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had quite the busy weekend! Isn't Delainey so tiny and adorable?! Audrey is getting hair...woo hoo! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!