Wednesday, November 13, 2013

~Baby N#2: 26 Weeks in Phoenix~

How big is Baby N?

Head of lettuce
via The Bump
Baby's eyes are forming and soon they will be able to open. Eyelashes have already grown. He's practicing his breathing too.

What I'm Wearing?
Shorts, dresses, tank tops, t-shirts and flip flops!! Big change from last week when I was wearing my warmest clothes in the cold and snow! It's been way warmer here than was originally forecasted which is even better!

Aversions or Cravings?
I could really use some Angry Orchard cider while I relax by the pool but some non-alcoholic drinks will have to do!

How I'm feeling?
Overall pretty good!! I'm enjoying the slow vacation pace, lots of extra help from Grandma & Grandpa and just going with the flow most days. I've been getting more Braxton Hicks so I really take it slowly when they start.
I also have a weird rash on the back of my legs- maybe it's heat rash? It's more itchy and annoying than anything. I bought some anti-itch cream which is helping a bit.
I also have a cracked heel so that's been bothering me the most. I've been putting lotion and polysporin on it. Poor feet aren't used to sandals anymore.
This week I also had a bleeding nose. I never get bleeding noses (poor hubby gets them all the time) and so far I've had two this pregnancy. It's a common symptom so I'm not worried, just annoyed and a little bit grossed out!
Despite all these weird things happening this week, I still feel great!

Movement?
I think baby is also enjoying the relaxed pace since he's moving less this week. Probably due to the fact that I'm sitting and relaxing more rather than running around like crazy from 4-8pm. He did kick up a storm last night after I had dessert...

Belly Button?
It's definitely getting shallower each week. I wouldn't be surprised if it pops by Christmas.

Sleep?
I haven't been sleeping as well the last week. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm in a different bed, it's warmer at night or I'm just not as exhausted? I can't seem to get comfortable and I toss and turn a lot more. It's still a huge improvement over the sleep, or lack there of, that I was getting last time I was here in November and Audrey was waking every 1-2 hours (stupid teething!). We will see once we get home if it is pregnancy-related or just from being in a different bed. I still get up once in the night to go to the bathroom. 


Workouts?
#0- absolutely no formal workouts! We've gone bike riding a couple times, a few short walks but that's about it. I'm ok with that. I probably didn't need to bring my running shoes or workout clothes.

What I'm Excited for? 
A few more days in the sun.
Getting back into my workout routine when we go back home.
Picking paint for the nursery.

What I Miss? 
Right now? Pretty much nothing other than having a drink pool-side and fitting into clothes.

Highlights?
The whole vacation- being with family, a break from work and enjoying the sun.
Getting a manicure & pedicure with my mother-in-law.
Shopping and actually finding boots for a ridiculous deal!
As I wrote this post, Audrey kept pointing at my belly picture and saying 'Mommy.' Then she would point at me and say 'Mommy.' I asked her what was in my belly (pointing at the picture) and she wouldn't really say (sometimes she says baby). I told her baby and to say hi to the baby. So she waved and said hi, then she looked at my belly, waved and said hi. She melts my heart!

Baby Purchases & Projects?
So far I've found a couple sleepers for the baby down here. I'm hoping to do a bit more shopping before we leave and find some real deals for the baby. Unfortunately a few things that I hoped to find down here I haven't been able to find so I guess I will just have to buy them back home. 

Weekly Belly Pic



The best shot I could get and add to this post right now

I feel huge!! I'm a bit bigger than I was with Audrey at this point. I'll have to do a comparison shot next update. 

4 comments:

  1. You look great!! Glad the baby is enjoying the relaxation, as well as Mama!! Crazy to think how fast time is flying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of you being in the sun! Your baby belly has definitely grown since I saw you last, but it's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome! That belly likes the sun!! Enjoy the relaxation and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are enjoying your vacation! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!