Wednesday, November 20, 2013

~Baby N#2: 27 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?
Rutabaga
Baby is getting smarter! Lots of brain activity and development.
This is the last week of the 2nd trimester! It's going by way too quickly! I'm so not ready!

I also noticed that the vegetable comparison from my 27 week update with Audrey was an eggplant.

Weight Gain? 
Total 12 pounds. I'm actually surprised it's this low. I thought for sure I had gained a lot in the last month. I'm only weighing myself monthly (for my prenatal appointments) rather than weekly like I did last time.

To compare with Audrey, I was up 14 pounds at this point. How is it that I look & feel bigger but have gained less?

What I'm Wearing?
Back to the warm winter clothes. I do enjoy snuggling up in a warm sweater, boots and scarf so even though I miss the warm weather of Phoenix, I'm glad to have a more expansive wardrobe again!

Aversions or Cravings?
No, other than I seem to be hungry all the time!

How I'm feeling?
Overwhelmed is an understatement! I have so much to do between now and February that I'm seriously doubting if I will get half of it done. Work is insanely busy, major downside to going away, Christmas is getting closer and of course the nursery is pretty much untouched. I know the most important stuff will get done but I feel like I can't enjoy anything because I'm too busy trying to do everything.

(I don't mean to complain but I think it's important to note that feeling this way is probably normal and I don't want to pretend that everything is ok).

Movement?
Baby hasn't been quite as active lately. He's probably hibernating from this cold like the rest of us! This week I did feel hiccups for the first time which is such a neat feeling. Funny enough, it was exactly this time with Audrey that I felt them too!

Belly Button?
Still in but I'm still predicting that it will pop this time around.

Sleep?
Now that I am home in my own bed, I'm sleeping much better. I also think it's due to exhaustion since I've only been getting 6 hours of sleep each night since we've been back. Thankfully I haven't been getting up more than once to pee. I've started using my wedge a little bit since I am starting to feel the strain of the big belly when lying down.

Workouts?
# 2
Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project month 6 DVD- the leg section were tough!
Prenatal Yoga DVD

After missing 10 days of working out I can definitely tell that my fitness level has gone downhill! I also really need an adjustment since my hip mobility is not good at all so I've booked one for later this week. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.

What I'm Excited for? 
Hearing the baby's heartbeat today at our prenatal appointment.
Finally starting on the nursery.
Getting ready for Christmas.

What I Miss? 
Having time to do anything! That's not really pregnancy related but I still miss it!
Baileys and Hot Chocolate- especially during this cold spell.

Highlights?
Our trip to Phoenix, even though the return home was a brutal blast of winter!
Audrey now says there is a baby in my tummy. She gives it kisses and then tells us to shhhh since baby is sleeping! Hopefully she will be that way when baby is actually here and sleeping!

Baby Purchases & Projects?
Baby got a few things this past week- some that I bought while in Phoenix and a couple that I just got around to ordering, so I haven't received them yet but it's nice to cross a couple things off my super long to-do/buy list!

I didn't find too many great deals while in the US (between the exchange rate and the higher tax rate) but I found a few things for the little guy. I actually didn't have room for them in my suitcase so Grandpa is bringing them back on the weekend.



Hubby insisted that he hadn't seen this brand of toys, Taggies, at home (because he shops soooo much) so we picked up a cute little lion toy for him.

Some Aden & Anais bamboo swaddle blankets. We loved and used these swaddle blankets all the time with Audrey and since they are the nursery colours I had to get them! Plus our other ones aren't Bamboo which makes them soooo soft.



Carseat canopy


I didn't have one of these with Audrey and I definitely wish that I did. I managed to get it free and only had to pay shipping.

This weekend we are going paint shopping- the room isn't even cleared out but choosing the colours will motivate us to get on this project! I did start organizing and cleaning out the closet (full of craft and office supplies, wrapping supplies, Christmas gifts and formal gowns!) so we are getting somewhere, if only at a snail's pace! At this point last time, the nursery was painted, and the decals were up. We are so behind!

During my organizing spree on Sunday, I went through some of the newborn stuff that we have for Audrey and found a few things that will work for the little guy- mostly neutral blankets, onesies, a few booties and socks. Now I have a better idea of the things that I still need to buy. I refuse to put this little guy in pink!

Pregnancy Rants?
A coworker commented on my 'waddling' yesterday. Why do people have to be so rude? 

Weekly Belly Pic


We've been struggling with our internet at home so I was up late trying to edit and upload this bump photo. Why does something that should be so simple have to be so difficult?

5 comments:

  1. Looking great Nicole!! Hopefully once you get out of vacation mode you won't be so overwhelmed. I know it always takes me a while to get back to the grind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I hope you can cross some of those things off your to do list this weekend. Hang in there! It will all get done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! I know what you mean about having so much to do but it will all get done!! And even if it doesn't, that babe won't know! LOVE those blankets. My fav. And I have that exact cover and got the same deal. So awesome and handy in this craptastic weather. Cute boy outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those outfits and those blankets are adorable - where from? Love the pattern and color!! It will all come together, heck our nursery was just about painted in a weekend - it's not quite finished yet as we ended up having to paint the trim! But it def. can be done!! Yuck to that weather!! I'm afraid to step back on the scale, I feel like I have gained a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great Nicole!
    Love his little outfits :) Those blankets we love too! I have the same carseat canopy, need to bring it out since we've been using blankets and we have a cover too... silly us.
    Seriously they told you, you waddle?! Yeah that is not something you say!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!