Wednesday, November 27, 2013

~Baby N#2: 28 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?

Eggplant
I'm officially in the 3rd trimester and I sure feel like it! Baby is fully developed and will just be putting on fat now. Not too much fat now okay? His lungs are mature enough that he would likely survive if born now but he's going to stay in there for another 12+ weeks, right??

What I'm Wearing?
Currently my pjs since I'm sick with the flu! I already feel like I'm growing out of some of my maternity clothes that I'm sure fit me far longer last time. Pants are becoming uncomfortable. I miss the flowy skirts and dresses that I could wear in Phoenix. When I wear skirts and dresses at home now I have to wear tights which I am constantly pulling up!

Aversions or Cravings?
I don't  have an appetite at all right now due to the flu but baby keeps giving me kicks to let me know he's hungry!

How I'm feeling?
As well as one with the stomach flu can feel! I'm so glad I have such a great hubby that took over with Audrey last night since I was useless. Unfortunately he doesn't feel well now.

Movement?
Lots of kicks. My mom and sister were feeling him move on the weekend. He's especially active in the evenings and after a meal.

Belly Button?
Still in. 
Sleep?
It's getting harder to get comfortable but I'm still managing to sleep pretty well. I could always use more sleep though!

Workouts?
# 1- 
Prenatal Yoga Class

I didn't have the energy or time to workout this week.

What I'm Excited for?
The weekend! This week has already been so crazy and it's not even half over.
Decorating the house for Christmas on the weekend.
Doing more Christmas baking with my lil' family.


What I Miss? 
My first maternity leave.

Highlights?
Hearing the baby's heart beat (130) at our Midwife appointment last week. I'm measuring right on schedule. I now have to go every 2-3 weeks for appointments which blows my mind! How has this pregnancy gone so fast?


Baby Purchases & Projects?
We picked up some paint chips for the nursery on the weekend. Turns out hubby and I have different ideas on what to do in the nursery so this is not going to be as simple as I hoped! We brought home a bunch of chips and haven't looked at them since.

I've done a bit more research on items for the nursery but haven't actually bought anything more. We need to wait until the nursery colours are at least picked out! Just gathering ideas and filling my Pinterest board until after Christmas. I think what bothers me the most is that I want to work on the nursery yet I have to put it off until I have more time. It's one thing to put off a project that you don't want to do but it's another when you want to work on it!

Weekly Belly Pic



The belly definitely did some growing this week! 

For comparison, here I am at 28 weeks with Audrey.


Funny thing- I almost wore this purple shirt for my belly picture this week!

5 comments:

  1. Getting closer! Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I had the flu on the weekend too. No fun, and especially being pregnant. I cannot believe you are already 28 weeks though, and look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better really soon! Your maternity wardrobe is so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow big difference from with A! So cool to see the difference! You look awesome! I love that he is a busy active boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!! I am anxious to see what you pick out for the nursery, but I totally get dealing with Christmas first! We have done the baby stuff first and now I'm behind on Christmas shopping and what not! Glad to hear baby is doing well, I just wish you would feel better!! Recovery seems to take longer when you are pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!