Monday, November 4, 2013

~Weekend Recap~

It was another crazy busy weekend, with a nice dump of snow to remind us that winter is here. The only good thing is that we are leaving this snowy place in a couple days.

Friday
~ We failed at meal planning, missing key ingredient for the dish so we went out instead. We went to Boston Pizza which is definitely not  my restaurant of choice but it's child friendly and quick.

Saturday
~ We went to Audrey's last swimming class. She had a lot of fun and was a little more willing to participate in the class despite the freezing cold water.

~ While we were in the class, the snow started coming down. Audrey was fascinated by the snowflakes.

Walking back to the car
~ We met my friend for coffee right after swimming since she is house/cat sitting for us while we are away. Of course, Audrey fell asleep in the car on the way to SB so she only had a 15 minute cat nap.

~ Hubby had to run a bunch of errands, including taking my Mac book in for maintenance. We aren't very techie and don't have the time to mess around with the computer so we leave it to the experts. It has been running really slow lately. So they wiped the computer (we double and triple checked that everything was backed up! It houses our thousands of pictures so I would die if they were lost) but they are having difficulty getting the data from the back up hard drive to the Mac book so it has to stay for a few days for them to figure it out. The data is there so I'm not losing my mind... yet.

~ Audrey's cat nap meant she refused to nap in the afternoon at home. That meant my grand plans of getting stuff done didn't happen. I started packing for both of us so it's about 70% done. And thanks to Alison I have too many clothes to bring! I'm not complaining- hubby might when he has to lift my suitcase though!

~ While I napped (somebody had to!), these two played together. Too bad they couldn't actually fold the laundry.






~ Due to no nap, Audrey went to bed really early- she fell asleep in my arms while I was reading her bed time stories at 7:15pm. That's not good news for the night that Day Light Savings ended.

Sunday
~ Guess who woke up at 5:15am??? DLS sucks when you are a parent, at least to my child. Thankfully hubby got up with her at that ungodly hour so I got to sleep in until 7am.

~ We went to hubby's brother and sister-in-law's for brunch. The cousins had a blast playing together. It's so great that they are close in age and can keep each other occupied for hours!

Toy box = car, right?

We sent the Dads & girls out for a walk to burn off some energy


~ Audrey napped on the way to brunch and on the way home. Usually she transfers well to her crib but of course she didn't this time. She woke up a grumpy bear, refused to go back to sleep and I paid for it the rest of the day. Hubby was not too pleased with me for moving her. Thankfully hubby got her down to nap later in the afternoon when I went to run some errands.


I am so ready for vacation! These next two days are going to be so busy and I'm starting to feel a cold coming on. I'm looking forward to spending some time with my little family where we aren't rushing around to get everything done. This vacation will be about relaxing and just being in the moment. We don't do that enough. It also means I won't be around "here" much.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend!! Yuck to the snow! It was just cold and windy here! Lol I may have busted out a tuque and mitts! Lol I don't want a cold, so I'm being precautious! These 2 days will fly by and you will loving you some warmer weather!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy weekend! I love the pictures of Audrey and Milo in the laundry basket together. So cute! How nice of J to snap a picture of you while you napped ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your macbook pain. Did you know that if you leave iPhoto open during back ups, the photos aren't stored properly? I had to go through a lot of hoops just to get my data back and only some photos came along. I was fortunate I'd put them all on the ipad for fun, and could migrate them back. I've learned, now I'm doing periodic backups to two different external drives, using 3 different programs. One of them will work, when that time comes again. That is very cute with Audry and milo in the laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey and Milo in the laundry basket is hilarious! What a busy, but fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do not get sick before holidays! Jealous you are getting out of this silly snow. There is so much of it!
    I have never benefited from daylight savings time. My internal clock is too strong lol. I sleep my 8 hours and bam wide awake so Sunday I was up at 5:45 and this morning 5:25. However last night I was asleep by 8:30pm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy Weekend!!

    Daylight savings time sucks the big one! We were up at 5am. I think my tweet was "Go home, DST, you're drunk!!" (I'm so funny at 5am, I know).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!