Monday, December 2, 2013

~A Christmas-y Weekend Recap~

I have finally recovered from the flu! It sure knocked me down for the better part of last week.

Most of this weekend was spent getting ready for Christmas!

We did a bit more baking...

Watching Dad roll out the dough

Helping cut out the shapes

Playing with the dough & flour



That was quite interesting! Audrey very much wanted to help which was more of a detriment to the process than help!! It was fun though! I can't wait to actually decorate the cookies and see how those turn out!

Decorated the house...



Christmas Shopping... knocked a few more gifts off my list and even picked up a cute little moose snowsuit for the little guy! Audrey tried on shoes...



Visited Santa Claus...

That was funny!! I asked Audrey earlier if she wanted to go see Santa and she said yes. She proceeded to run to the door and put her boots on.


However, when we put her on Santa's lap, she was not impressed!! Poor child! Bet she will like him when she realizes what he will bring her on Christmas morning!!




Cut down a Christmas tree...

After 7 years, I finally caved in to hubby and agreed to a real Christmas tree. Now, this doesn't just involve going to a nearby tree lot and picking up a pre-cut tree. No, it involved driving out into the middle of nowhere, with a tree cutting permit already purchased and scouting out the best Christmas tree ever, in a designated area, of course.

To be honest, I wasn't very happy about this plan. I like my easy, pre-lit Christmas tree that's a breeze to set up. It took three hours to drive out, search and find the perfect tree and drive back home. Then hubby had to run out and buy a tree stand and Christmas lights. So now the tree has lights on it but we ran out of time so decorating will have to wait until this week or weekend.

It was an adventure that's for sure!



Again, another busy weekend has come to an end. Three more weekends left until Christmas and they only get busier from here.

Today we woke up to a lovely winter blizzard so it's definitely feeling like Christmas around here!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! Love the tree! I miss having a real one, damn allergies! That pic of Santa and Audrey is priceless lol. Your fireplace looks soo pretty!! Glad you are feeling better and that you got more baking done! I could totally go for some homemade cookies right now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Does any kid ever like sitting on Santa's lap for the first time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the real christmas tree idea either - but Paul is. He also likes tinsel. I spend the next year finding random needles and tinsel.

    I'm not even a fan of decorating.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to cut down the tree too. It was my first time! I love the picture of Audrey shoe shopping. Gotta start them young!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun weekend. Ok I laughed at your tree adventures!! I think I would whine. ;) poor A with Santa!! Ha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!