Wednesday, December 11, 2013

~Baby N#2: 30 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?
Cucumber
Baby's skin is getting smoother and his brain is getting wrinklier. He is strong enough to grasp a finger. Sometimes it feels like he is trying to grasp my insides!!

Weight Gain? 
Oops- I forgot to weigh myself today so I'll have to do it at the clinic before my midwife appointment and update later. 

What I'm Wearing?
Same as last week- a whole lot of warm clothes! I should take a picture of me all bundled up to and from work- it's quite the sight! There is no way I would have survived this winter without my pregnancy jacket! My new Sorel boots have been keeping my toes toasty warm, even if I feel like a duck when I wear them!

Aversions or Cravings?
Craving sweets!! All the Christmas baking around me and chocolates is not good! I also have a weird craving for Menchie's but it's too cold to eat frozen yogurt!

How I'm feeling?
Overall I am slowing down. I'm sure part of it is the weather and needing to be extra cautious out there so I don't slip. I find I can't be on my feet for too long or else they and my back get sore.

I've been getting a fair number of leg cramps in the middle of the night. The other night I was in tears because it hurt so badly and I couldn't get it to go away. I know it's a common pregnancy symptom but it's a super annoying one!

Thanks to my plague-carrying toddler, I am sick again. It's inevitable since she insists on drinking from my water bottle or sharing my food or coughing in my face. I feel like my head is going to explode. Hopefully it's short lived since I don't have time to be sick!

Movement?
There has been lots of movement this week, a lot of which can be seen from the outside. I'm pretty sure the other night he was trying to flip around. I think he was laying transverse and trying to move head down. Creepy yet neat feeling! I'm interested to find out what position he is actually in at my midwife appointment today. Not that it really matters too much at this point.

Belly Button?
The top part is sticking out ever so slightly. You can only tell when you look at my bare belly so it's not sticking out through my shirt, yet.

Sleep?
Would be fine if I didn't wake up with a leg cramp every night! Still only need to get up once for the bathroom.

Workouts?
# 2
- prenatal yoga class- last class was last week :( I might try to do some drop in in the new year when classes start up again but that depends on hubby's availability and if there is room for drop ins. I really enjoyed the class so hopefully it works out.
- prenatal yoga DVD

As I suspected, going away in November really got me out of the habit of working out regularly and I've been finding it increasingly harder to get back into the routine. Part of it is I have so much to do in the evenings that by the time Audrey is in bed I only have 1 or 2 hours to get everything done. I'm noticing that my hips aren't too happy right now and overall my body just aches so I really need to make sure I get at least 3 workouts in a week.

What I'm Excited for? 
Midwife appointment today- hearing the heart beat and finding out my blood work and GD results.
My work Christmas party this weekend.
Getting some decorating tips for the nursery this weekend (see below).
Getting together with my sister for some long overdue one-on-one time to do some shopping!

What I Miss? 
Taking drugs when sick!! Not that I am a big pill popper but it would be nice to take some cold and sinus medicine right now!

Highlights?
Audrey learning to say "Baby Brother"
Feeling baby move around like an acrobat, even if it is weird!


Baby Purchases & Projects?
Hubby made the executive decision to hire an interior designer for a consultation on the nursery. She is coming by this weekend to look at the room and give us some tips on how to choose the right colour(s) for the space. Hubby and I seem to have different ideas on what we envisioned for the nursery so hopefully she can help us make those ideas come together. We still won't be painting or doing anything major until after Christmas but hopefully we can find the colours so when we do have time to paint we can get right to it.

I already have a Pinterest board full of ideas for decorating and furnishing the nursery so we don't really need help there- just time to get it all. Like I mentioned before, I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff until we have room to store it, meaning the room is painted, so the first step is painting the room. After we clear it out, of course!

The basement also needs to be re-organized, again. Hubby had to move everything around to dig out the Christmas stuff so there is crap everywhere down there. Maybe Friday night we will find some energy (and time) to go down there and organize since it is a 2 person job.

Just thinking about all this stuff is stressing me out again! 

Weekly Belly Pic

4 comments:

  1. That shirt is cute!!! I'm excited to hear what the decorator has to say!! Lucky lady!!
    Hope you feel better soon!! Darn cold!! I also hope your appt goes well!! I'm hoping I passed today!! No news is good news, just have to make till the end of the week without hearing anything haha. Fingers crossed!
    But you do look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy that you are 30 weeks already! Baby boy is going to be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 10 weeks to go! I hope the interior designer has some good ideas for you guys. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eekkkk 10 more weeks!! That's cool for the interior designer! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!