Wednesday, December 18, 2013

~Baby N#2: 31 Weeks~

How big is Baby N?

Pineapple
Baby's five senses are fully developed. He is going through major brain & nerve development. His eyes now react to light.

It's crazy to think that a baby the size of a pineapple is inside me, and still has awhile to grow!

Weight Gain? 
As of last week, I'm up 16 pounds. Let's hope that Christmas doesn't get the better of me!

What I'm Wearing?
I'm starting to grow out of things and I'm gravitating towards my comfiest outfits for work each day. I received my Pink Blush order yesterday, finally! Unfortunately, the one tunic I was super excited for doesn't fit that well but it's also for nursing so I'm sure I will be able to wear it once the big belly is gone. A bit disappointing but that's what happens when you order online. The other items fit and I'm excited to wear them.

Aversions or Cravings?
Not really. I had a slight craving for Menchie's frozen yogurt but it's far too cold to indulge in that right now.

How I'm feeling?
Physically I feel pretty good. I had an adjustment last week so my hips are feeling better. I did catch Audrey's cold so that has been lingering for the last week.

Work has been insanely busy which is causing me some stress. I'm taking some time off over the holidays so I have a lot of work to do in the next couple of days. I'm also realizing how much closer I am to maternity leave and how much work I have to do before February! I still haven't decided when to start my maternity leave so I need to make a decision on that ASAP!

Movement?
It's a regular circus act in there! The hiccups are quite frequent and strong! Lots of sticking out of limbs and bum. He also responds when Audrey yells near my belly or sometimes pats it a little too hard! I keep trying to get her to feel him kick but she doesn't understand or have the patience to just sit there. 

Belly Button?
It's half popped! Still only obvious with my bare belly. It's so weird to see since it didn't pop with Audrey.

Sleep?
Other than waking up every couple of nights (or sometimes multiple times in one night) for awful foot and calf cramps, sleep has been pretty good.

Workouts?
# 4
- Prenatal Yoga DVD x2
- Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project DVD- Month 7 (favourite DVD so far since I'm not a fan of all the leg work being on the ground in the previous months)
- Denise Austin Third Trimester Toning workout

Although working out is getting tougher with my increasingly big belly, it feels good to move. I just need to keep at it since I feel much better both mentally and physically once I've gotten a workout in.

What I'm Excited for? 
Christmas!!
Time off with my family!
Finally decorating the nursery!
What I Miss? 
Having some Christmas "cheer." The bartender at my Christmas party did make a special "pregnant lady" drink that was delicious and almost as good as a real drink!  I'm making up for it by eating more chocolate though!

Highlights?
Meeting with the interior designer for the nursery.
Shopping with my sister- it's been awhile since we've had some one-on-one time.
Having a mostly child-free weekend, even though I missed Audrey terribly, being very productive around the house.

Baby Purchases & Projects?
Finally, we have made some progress in this area! We met with the interior designer who helped us pick out the nursery wall colours and gave us some tips on how to arrange the furniture and deal with a few challenges that the room presents. She reassured me that my colour choices weren't going to clash with the rest of the house and we won't have to rip out carpet! Big relief there!

We also managed to organize a big part of the basement so that when we can arrange some brother-in-law help we can move the big furniture from the office/nursery into the basement. It's still a complete mess down there but at least we've put the carpet down which was a two person job.

I also may have bought a few more baby clothes... I need to resist the urge to buy anything else until I have somewhere to put everything!

Weekly Belly Pic



3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic and apparently you can disregard my email I just sent! Haha.
    Spill the beans on what the decorator had to say! I'm excited! Lol!
    That is too bad about your pink blush order! At least some of it fits! Which Tunic did you get so I don't order it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how the nursery turns out! Why did you think you were going to have to rip up the carpet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!