Friday, December 6, 2013

~Is Winter over yet?~

This super cold snap can go away right about now!! Chinook, where are you???

I think it's time to invest in some ugly warm winter boots that aren't Uggs. I love my Uggs but they are not good on the ice and I can't risk a fall right now. Any recommendations? These Sorels look warm.

Sorel

It looks like this weekend will be spent hibernating as much as possible since it's just too darn cold to be venturing out. Good thing we have lots of indoor projects to work on like finally decorating the tree, more Christmas baking, and possibly some crafting? All projects will be done with Christmas music blasting!!

It's been awhile since I've posted some outfits between being away and being sick. The bump has definitely grown!!

Dizzy Stripes

Puffed Sleeves

Ruby Red

Short Boots
 I bought these boots in Phoenix and I'm not sure I love them on me. I think they hit at the wrong part of my leg. I've gotten lots of compliments on them so maybe it's just me!

Houndstooth & Boots

I'm amazed this non-maternity dress fits!

Happy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. You always look so great! I bought some boots at The Bay last year and they are great for this weather and snow plus they have good gripes for hauling Avery around!
    Stay warm this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are considering buying some safe boots!! I don't recommend falling- it's a huge set back and it sucks!
    Isn't is crazy how different shirts make your bump look bigger or smaller?? Your new boots are cute! I like them!! You look great as usual!!
    Stay warm!!! Have a great safe weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of winter boots that look almost identical to those Sorels (except black) that I got at Marks for $50 on the clearance rack! Soooo warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how warm they are, but Sorel also makes a really good looking boot that looks like a riding boot. I have a slight obsession with them right now but haven't bought them yet: http://www.zappos.com/sorel-slimpack-riding-cinnamon
    (partly because the snow here tends to be so much wetter than it is there...so they'd be perfect for Calgary)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the ugg style boots for awhile - but didn't like them! I have a pair of Sorels now and I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those boots!! Agree - uggs suck. You look awesome. I had some dresses like that that surprised me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your outfits! I think hibernating was a great idea...Harley hasn't gone for any walks this week because it's just too cold and not worth it! Hope you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those boots! I really need a new pair this year, seeing as my dog ate mine … I have a pair that *work* for Alberta winters - but they're SO ugly. I love your outfit photos - I felt like such a frump when I was pregnant, but you look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nicole! I've been reading your blog for a while (found it through Alison's blog) and I thought I recognized you from somewhere. I finally figured it out, and I'm pretty sure you were the President of the sorority that I pledged at U of C! Small world! Love reading your blog, and Audrey is too cute. I am expecting my first child in May, and am enjoying following along with your pregnancy. Take care and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!