Thursday, February 27, 2014

.:Leo: 3 Weeks:.



2 Weeks

Eating: He's still eating pretty well- every 3-4 hours. I'm trying to promote eating more during the day so he has his longer stretches of sleep at night rather than during the day. It's so hard to wake a sleeping baby though, seems so wrong!

Sleeping: He still sleeps quite a bit. He is having longer awake periods though- it's nice to see him looking around. He usually sleeps a little longer at night, 4 hour stretches before waking up to eat. He is mostly sleeping in the bassinet beside my bed. I will probably start feeding him in his room at night more now that hubby s back at work but I don't have any immediate plans toHe enjoys sleeping in the swing too.

Diapers: We are almost pros at changing boy diapers now! He is wearing newborn diapers still and likely will for at least a few more weeks.

His umbilical cord fell off at 15 days. It's nice to not have to worry about it anymore!

Weight/Size: He is definitely growing and filling out! He hasn't been weighed since last week so I'm not sure how much he has grown but he is filling out the newborn clothes a little better and his cheeks are getting rounder.

Hair and eyes: His hair is still light brown hair and his eyes are blue. They aren't as dark blue anymore. His eyebrows are super fair and while he has eyelashes, they are very blonde. Definitely fairer than his big sis!

Personality: He's still pretty chill, only getting upset when really dirty, hungry or cold or gassy. I'm hoping he has a laid back personality like his dad.

Likes: Cuddling, eating, listening to his sister talk to him.

Dislikes: Being hungry, cold, diaper changes and baths

My recovery: I started to feel much better and seems I pushed myself a bit too hard since I started to get mastitis. I had it quite badly when Audrey was 2 weeks old so I knew exactly what it was when I started to get the symptoms. I had some homeopathic remedies on hand from last time and rested all day long, which was the most important thing, so it hasn't gotten worse. Thank goodness for mother-in-laws who are able to come over and help out, since Audrey was also sick and couldn't go to the day home for a couple days and hubby went back to work this week.

I also drove for the first time at 2.5 weeks post c-section. I had to pick up Audrey's prescription and diapers. My mother-in-law stayed home with Audrey and Leo so it was pretty easy. I definitely don't think I am ready to make regular trips out of the house by myself, with one or two kids though. I still need to take it easier which is easier said than done with a newborn and toddler. Hubby is a massive help and we would be lost without him but he can't do everything.

Big Sister: Audrey turned 2 this week!! We celebrated her birthday the week before with my family and the day before with hubby's family which is good considering she was really sick on her birthday.
She is still loving her little brother and points out his tiny ears, nose, fingers and eyes.


First Date: Leo had his first date at 3 weeks old! Miss Delainey and her lovely mom Alison came to visit us (bearing coffee and presents- thank you!!!). It was so nice to visit with them both and see how much Delainey has grown! She is so happy and smiley! Leo was good and slept almost the whole time. Maybe next time he will interact a little more!

Thanks for the visit, Alison! It was nice to have an excuse to get out of my pjs and have some adult talk, even if it mostly was about our babies! ;) We will have to get out more once it warms up a bit more.


4 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I can't wait to have a fresh squishy tiny little baby around again :) Hopefully everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe he's three weeks already! Where has time gone. The picture of D and Leo is so cute! If you ever need help, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of Leo and D!! Can't believe he's 3 weeks already!!
    I hope Noah's cord falls off soon! Creeps me out! We are soo close to it falling off! Luckily Daddy can handle it and the circumcision! Lol. Makes this momma queasy!
    So you mean to say Leo hasn't peed all over things? Noah has peed all over like 5 times on M! I tell him he needs to put a cloth over him, but he forgets! Lol.
    How did you know you were getting mastitis?
    Glad everything is going well otherwise! I hope you all get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just adorable! So glad you are feeling better and he is doing so good! glad you got the diapering down! ha So funny that it's so different!! Take it easy mama!! And I am always happy to bring coffee for chats! And you don't have to get out of your PJs for me! :) But you looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!