Monday, March 24, 2014

~Weekend Recap~

A fantastic weekend that ended too soon :(

Friday was hubby's birthday so we met him downtown for lunch at The Keg. Other than our food taking a long time, it was good and both children behaved so we may take them out in public again ;) 

(bad wife didn't take any pictures!)


Note- I got that girl to wear a skirt, hat and sunglasses!! Mommy win!

Hubby went to the hockey game that night. My bestie came over and spent the evening with us. It was so nice to catch up with her and Audrey loved having someone new to play with boss around! 

Saturday morning Uncle C and Auntie L came over to hang out with Audrey aka give us a break! They made us breakfast and let us sleep in a bit. So heavenly!! They even brought us crack aka coffee from Starbucks! A parents' dream!!









They spent the morning keeping Audrey occupied so that I could run errands with just Leo and hubby could do some gardening. HUGE thanks to them!! :)

When I got home I was exhausted from 1.5 hours of shopping so I had a nap. I wasn't quite as product be as I wanted to be but sometimes sleep is more important! Plus I started to feel a cold coming on and I definitely don't have time for that!! 

Sunday we all slept in until after 8am. Leo and I were out of bed before hubby and Audrey! Although they were up from 4-5:30am with some morning shenanigans which explains the sleep in. 
We had a Shaw tech come over to hook up cable since they offered us a great deal for only $5 more a month for 6 months. Hubby mostly misses sports so we figured it would be worth it for a few months.

I escaped the house by myself for a couple hours to run errands while hubby stayed home with both kids. I received notification that my diaper bag had been delivered and sure enough it was in the community mailbox!! So excited!! 


It's pretty awesome!! :) 

When I got back hubby looked a little frazzled! Taking care of two is difficult! 

I made brownies, since that's what he requested for his birthday 'cake'.

Looking so big!

We went to my sister's for dinner. I love that my nieces and nephew keep Audrey entertained while we visit. It's a nice break! And my mom and sis fight over who gets to hold Leo! 

Cousins
That sums up our great weekend. We have a busy week of visiting coming up. I also have to work on getting Leo's birth announcements out before the postage increase! Yikes that's nasty!


8 comments:

  1. That is so nice that they made you breakfast and brought you coffee :) I know you deserved it! I still cannot imagine having 2 kids!
    Love your diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! As soon as I saw A, I thought wow! She's in a skirt!!
    You look great!!
    The diaper bag us cute! Bet you can't wait to start using it!! Where did you go shopping? What did you buy?
    I can't imagine leaving Noah yet!! I feel anxiety just thinking about it! I could maybe leave him with M, but it would be soo hard!! Lol! But I really need a hair cut!! Lol!

    Glad you got a break and enjoyed a family dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the diaper bag! Looks like a purse!

    Oh my gosh - the Keg with kids?! We have a GC for The Keg but haven't been able to go yet and don't think Max could handle that yet - he currently gives us about an hour total in places like Boston Pizza now lol.

    Happy Belated Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy weekend! I love your diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to J! Sounds like you had a busy, but good weekend. So glad you were able to have some time to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That diaper bag is CUTE. I kind of want one to use as a gym bag. haha.

    Glad you had a good weekend! Sounds like you have lots of support from friends and family when it comes to watching the kids which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you got your bag!! Do you love it? What a great aunt and uncle!! That's awesome!! We love the keg! They are kid friendly?! Yay!!
    Glad you got a bit of a break and had a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her sun glasses and hat!! Your bag is awesome, glad is finally came! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!