Friday, April 4, 2014

So this week...

What a week! Glad it's Friday so we can spend the weekend with Daddy.

Here are some random things that happened this week that either left me laughing pretty hard or maybe crying. 

~ I received a jury summons! Talk about horrible timing! Hopefully having a newborn that exclusively breastfeeds is a good enough reason for exemption!


~ We had our last midwife visit this week. Leo is doing great! It was very sad to say goodbye to our lovely midwives but they've made me promise to come by and visit. I can't believe the little man is 8 weeks old already. 

Many expressions of Leo

~ We went to the library one morning. I tried to get Audrey into a program there but of course it was full. Instead we read a bunch of books, signed up for library cards for both kids and took a few books home. I think this will become a regular activity since Audrey quite enjoyed it and Leo just slept through it all. 


~ This week I did yoga at home twice! One of the prenatal yoga DVDs that I have also as a post natal workout that I had never tried before. It seemed like a good way to ease myself back into working out. It was a bit challenging to fit it in- the first time it took 1.5 hours to do a half hour workout since Leo woke up during Audrey's nap and needed to be fed and cuddled before I could resume the workout. The next time, I did it while Leo napped and Audrey was awake, hoping that she would participate. She did to some degree. It wasn't very meditative but I still did it.

Toddler yoga... in PJs

He eventually fell asleep...

~ I signed up for a yoga class on Friday evenings. The timing should work well since Audrey will be in bed (fingers crossed) and Leo might need a few cuddles before going down for the night, which hubby can manage. I've very much looking forward to an hour of "me" time!

~ I also did a Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout. Overall it wasn't too difficult- I used 2 lbs weights (don't laugh!) and other than taking it easy on the ab sections and skipping the last round of abs, it was good! I did this during a miraculous tandem nap! I think I am going to continue doing this until I figure out the rest of my plan to get back into shape.

~ We had an eventful grocery shopping trip the other day where I almost shoplifted PJs for Audrey! I was at the self-checked out, and Leo was screaming his head off. I was having a frustrating experience with the scanner so between that and Leo being unhappy, I forgot I had the PJs hanging on the handle of the cart as I started to walk out. I was so busted! Thankfully I didn't get arrested! Haha!

~ I've started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix. Loving it so far!

~ Polka dots and wine. Yum!


Happy weekend all!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok Leo has grown for sure!!
    Luckily I've never had jury duty, although depending on the case I bet it would've been interesting! That's probably my law background coming out haha!
    I think Leo is looking more and more like A!!
    Good for you for signing up for a class!! I just had my 6 week follow up with my OB! He's cleared me with the exception of my ankle! I think I might go and get it looked at again, it's bruising again, swelling and painful! I'm thinking it hasn't healed properly or refractured. All I know is something isn't right!!
    I keep forgetting about our library here in the village! I will have to get Noah a card! Instead I keep buying him books lol!
    A tandem nap and you worked out instead of napped?? Lol you deserve a glass of wine for that!!
    Love the pic of A doing yoga haha! She is too cute! A for effort? Lol
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo is adorable! Good for you for signing up for a class! And Shredding … I've tried a coupe of times since Ellie was born but never get past Day 4. I need an accountability partner or something. My husband just sits on the couch and watches. And laughs. He's such a sweetheart! We love the library, we go at least once/week! When Ellie was smaller she would fall asleep in the stroller on the way there, then sleep through all of story time and most of the way home, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leo is looking so different!! Good work on the yoga! Love A trying to join! I tried to get into a library program too but there is a huge wait list!! You always have such nice nails!! Hope you can get out of jury duty! That stinks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!